Tommy Bolin RIP

colterphoto1

Michael,

Thank you for posting this. With that kind of info, I crown you his #1 fan. Of course I am a very close #2. I have just about everything on that list of his, only missing a few of them.

I am going to go jam Teaser (personal favorite) at a very respectable level in memory, and in his honor.

Very gifted and very missed.

Thanks again,

Jeff

I used to find numerous bargains at the old "Media Play" store in town, and years ago, found a Tommy Bolin Band "Live" cd in the bargain bin. Recording is poor, but it was the "Official fan club release exclusive - limited edition".

All of the performances are from 1976, but they are from a mix of locations, including the Palace Theater, My Father's Place, Ebbet's Field, and the Northern Lights Studio. The balance of my Bolin stuff is on 2 LP's, not including Deep Purple's "Come Taste the Band".

NP - Tull - Broadsword

Believe it or Slurp it...

I grew up in Lima, Ohio. I had a sweet looking neighbor when I was like 6 or 8 or 10 (I was born in 61) who had some guys come over a couple different nights when she was babysitting me, they had an "unusual" smell about them and always seemed funny. I swear, she told me they were the "James Gang" and were a band. I was too young to know what that meant, but I certainly knew once I had a couple of the James Gangs albums in my collection. By then they were popular, had new members, etc. I never knew the James Gang had a Clevelend history, but it makes me believe my babysitter even more.

as you can imagine, i have all of the releases from the fan club, there's like 20+ now. I did the photography for the 1989?? show that featured Glenn Hughes and Rocky Athens. If anyone has any questions on any of the Archives releases, feel free to contact me.

Michael