Can-Am CD and DVD storage - Anybody have any comments?

Mike Lindsey

I was thinking of ordering a Can-Am storage module (MC3D) and was wondering if anybody had any experience with these cabinets? The MC3D is a 3-drawer cabinet that holds 270 CD's, 60 Video's or 120 DVD's in each drawer. Of course you can mix and match as well. They look very nice and seem of high quality but because they are in Canada, the shipping is somewhat costly. For a MC3D ($379), a set of wheels ($23), 33 index cards ($66), 18 dividers and backstops ($45) and shipping ($119), it will cost $632 for a place to house my music/movie software. Eek.gif Currently, I am using a oak storage rack that holds 420 CD's (it's now almost full) and cost me $100. I am going to eventually need something, so any info on these or other storage medium would be quite helpful...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 11-29-2001 at 10:45 AM

how about getting a mp3 receiver... holds like 40 gbs of mp3's... that is a lot... LoL! but since that can sometimes cause a qulaity problem i guess you should get one of these. i have never used on of those brands but we do have a system LIKE that in my dad's studio. It it taller and only one drawer wide. Holds 500 cd's, 100 per drawer, and we have two side by side. But his does not hold DVDs so that wont work...

So this really was of no help... Sorry, Frown.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

I am in love with the Boltz brand of racks. Very high-tech although they are not drawer types of storage. Don't you wanna show off your goods? That would drive me insane to have to open up drawers/files to find that one CD. Check out their website. They're modular so you can attach another as your collection grows. My problem? I have almost 4000 CDs so we're talkin' a few grand to store them all.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Thanks for the replies, guys. Keith, I have that website bookmarked but really don't have the room for the tall horizontal rack or the locked version. I need something that is less than 36" high, as it will go underneath some bookshelves I made in my study. synthfreek, I have looked at the Boltz as well, but aside from being expensive, I only have the room to put my media in my study and it's all oak.

Can anyone give me any feedback on the Can-Am storage cabinets?

Thanks again,

Mike