Klipsch has been a letdown on all fronts

jlwhit1

Well, I talked to Tech support about the problem with the left front speaker, and he said that the problem is in the sub. I just sent in and had replaced one defective component causing unbearable crackling in the output(the control pod), and now I learn that the other major component of the system is defective as well?! What kind of quality assurance program is Klipsch running? And no, I'm not from Canada or Australia, or where ever else the "experts" claim all the defective systems remain. I bought the system from a US supplier (and no, it was not Best Buy) a little more than TWO MONTHS AGO.

A company that doesn't take care of its customers:

As if all this wasn't bad enough, I was told by the Klipsch returns department that I would have to pay for shipping! This sub isn't too light, so shipping by any method is going to be expensive. I think it is VERY sad that I am being expected to pay for Klipsch's mistakes: not once, but TWICE!

My advice to anyone looking for a new speaker system: run away from Klipsch as fast as you can. The sound that my 4.1 system gave my was awesome for the three weeks that the thing worked, but it has been nothing but trouble since then. Even after all the tech. trouble that I've had, I would tell you that Klipsch sound is worth it, but the poor customer service has swung my vote decidedly the other direction. I mean, I can forgive you if you screw up, but don't turn around and expect me to pay for your mistakes.

its pretty odd that they held you repsonsible for shipping (i'm assuming you live in north america) cause i live in canada and they sent me two sets of promedia 4.1's AND also picked up my defective sets for FREE. And by the way, this whole promedia ordeal lasted from june '01 - october '01.

maybe they changed their policy or something.

I agree, that's pretty absurd. If somebody breaks the system or something wear and tear breaks than I can see having the customer pay. However, if the reason the system has to be sent back is due to an error of the company they outta' be paying for shipping. You pay shipping to have it sent to your house in working order, if it breaks down due to defect it becomes the company's responsibility to have them sent back and warrantied. Now if they test fine at the lab and there's nothing wrong with them, by all means charge for shipping, but customers shouldn't be paying for manufacturer defects.

They probably HAD to change their policy, with as many defective sets floating around as there appears to be! So you went through 2 sets, huh? Well, I guess I don't have it so bad then (although the ordeal isn't yet over for me!)

Could someone from Klipsch please let me know why this policy regarding shipping has changed (or why it is being applied selectively)?

• Moderators

I'm sorry about the trouble you've had.

Our policy has always been the same--after 30 days of purchase, the customer is responsible for shipping cost to Klipsch, and Klipsch will cover shipping back to the customer. I imagine some exceptions are made in certain extreme situations, but that is not my decision.

Let me know if I can be of further help. Send me an email if you want to discuss this some more.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

LawnMM, tell me about it! Maybe Mr. Moderator or someone else from Klipsch will be kind enough to shed some light on this policy. In my opinion, if defects are found and as long as the system is under warrantee (I've only had the system for a little over 2 months), the company should take care of all such expenses.

They charged you shipping because of a design flaw in the product? So what if it's after 30 days KLIPSCH people ...you shouldn't make the poor consumer pay for your mistakes!

Damn ... cwm23.gif

jwhit have you read the other promedia forums? the 5.1 and the 2.1? Maybe you should have before buying your promedia. That's what I am doing today and I am really glad I did! I'm sorry to say but you're most likely just beginning a long unhappy journey of promedia ownership.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

SONY STD-D611 (reciever)Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

Eyes.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 12-03-2001 at 11:42 AM

• 3 weeks later...

You have to remember that when you look at these forums, you will of course find more problems than normal. This is because the forum is made to help people with problems. I knew this when I began looking thru the forums two years ago and then bought a set of 4.1 about a year ago and I am glad I did get them. I have had no problems with the Pros at all. The only problems I get is from my sound card.. sometimes when I turn my computer on, the soundcard will fail to ingage one of the channels so I have to reboot in order to fix it. Not a big problem and it only comes up once in a long while.

------------------

1GHz TBird @ 1096MHz

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§ 230/354

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

Exactly Paragon...I've been reading these forums for about a year or so myself, and it still amazes me as to how many think this message board represents all of the Klipsch owners on Earth. There is a miniscule amount of Klipsch people with actual problems and if the boards are any indicator at all the 4.1's must be a really solid product. Anyone who reads here sees that alot of the MB traffic is by the same individuals posting on multiple topics, multiple times. BTW I recieved my 4.1's yesterday from www.newegg.com in excellent condition and I anticipate NO problems after I open and use them Christmas day.

Klipsch will only stand behind it for 30 days, then the customer must take responibility for YOUR screw ups? This is absurd, specially with people having problems within 2 months of purchase.

Im halfway thru piecing together a Synergy home theater system. If I have troubles, is this the kind of service Im going to recieve? Im wishing I had read this stuff before I've spent over a $1,000 with Klipsch so far. Maybe Ive made a mistake?

Even though I am not running promedia this is extremely distressing to see customers treated as such.

quote:

Originally posted by gabriel11:

Exactly Paragon...I've been reading these forums for about a year or so myself, and it still amazes me as to how many think this message board represents all of the Klipsch owners on Earth. There is a miniscule amount of Klipsch people with actual problems and if the boards are any indicator at all the 4.1's must be a really solid product. Anyone who reads here sees that alot of the MB traffic is by the same individuals posting on multiple topics, multiple times. BTW I recieved my 4.1's yesterday from
in excellent condition and I anticipate NO problems after I open and use them Christmas day.

first off i just wanted to agree with you, then wanted to let phisken know that i have never had a problem with any klispch product, synergy's included.

finally, gabriel, newegg.com is not authorized to sell Klipsch products, if they gave you a 1 year warranty from newegg.com then you can be ok as long as they will just send you a new set when/if anythign ever goes wrong.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Im so glad i didn't touch any promedia product!After hearing all these complaints i wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot pole!Don't get me wrong,i know this board doesn't represent every klipsch owner but its a big let down to see something that sounds so good go bad so fast.Such a shame...

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

Justin... www.newegg.com claims that they are in the process of getting an Authorized reseller agreement with Klipsch...They (newegg) also sent me an e-mail stating that they would honor the 1 year warranty in the event that Klipsch gave me a problem, that's 1 year replacement and 30 day money back if not satisfied. Good enough for me. A person at Klipsch told me that if newegg was willing to give me more than the standard 30 days others give than I would be fine ordering from them. Based on that information I ordered from newegg, who incidently gets a 6.5 out of 7 rating at resellerratings.com according to 660 customer reviews to date. They shipped my 4.1's in 2 days from California to Michigan this week for free via Fedex. I think I'll be fine.

This message has been edited by gabriel11 on 12-20-2001 at 07:59 PM

great news! however, i would get that in writing, that is super important cause unless it is on paper, they can totally manipulate what they said or even deny it. example... my ISP, Time Warner Road Runner, was offline for a month and off and on for a month afterwards plus the modem they sent me did not work... i was on teh phone with them at least 3 times a week, then when the bill came for $189 i was pretty angry, i had only gotton to use it for 3 weeks. so i called and they claimed that i had only called twice and that both times the problem had been solved... because i did not ask for a reference number (they said they had it added to my current file) i had no proof. get them to fax you or mail you a letter if they will. still though, that is great news!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150