Heresy horn dead, forum search...

HepcatWilly

Hello!

I recently purchased a pair of '79 Heresys from the original owner. The speakers are in mint condition, but one horn is out. It's only the mid horn, and I recabled, rewired to the speaker2 terminals at the amp, checked the connections at the crossover.

I did a search at these forums. The results yielded tantalizing snippets of information, however, when I click on the thread, I get a 'page not found' error.

Would you please be so kind and repost any information you might have?

Thanks!

Bill

I would suggest switching the squawker drivers from speaker to speaker. If the problem stays with the now silent driver, then the problem is probably the voice coil, and you'll need a replacement diaphragm. If the now silent driver works in the other speaker then the problem is probably in the network.

If you find the driver is dead, you can buy a replacement diaphragm

from Klipsch or most pro audio shops. Ask for a diaphragm for an

Atlas PD5-VH. You can replace it yourself, but I've always had

the shop techs do it and test the driver afterwards to be sure it

doesn't buzz.

Hi Bill

It was your post that I was trying to replicate! The answer was there in the truncated text search, but I couldn't get the thread loaded.

The speakers sound wonderful and clear. They stream through the house and crank easily on my vintage HK430. I was very fortunate to find a mint pair close in my home town, with the original boxes.

They replace a brand new pair of tower speakers that had a 45-day return guarantee. Glad I found these babies!

Bill