OT: Buy precious stones with a scope

Colin

They wont play vinyl or cd's, amplify, give you 1080p, or anything else that really matters.

Aren't the sylus of record players diamond tipped? So I guess this stuff actually DOES play vinyl! [;)]

Also, cannot forget those nifty diamond tweeter's of the new 8xxD series of the B&W speakers.

The girls seem to assign the most priority to the size of the stone. Why spend money to get extreme clarity, flawlessness, perfect color, etc., that cannot be discerned by the naked eye? Why not go for the biggest stone you can afford that looks as good as a higher graded stone, but is much larger?

The girls seem to assign the most priority to the size of the stone. Why spend money to get extreme clarity, flawlessness, perfect color, etc., that cannot be discerned by the naked eye? Why not go for the biggest stone you can afford that looks as good as a higher graded stone, but is much larger?

That's always the recommendation that I make to my customers. You have to go with looks good to you.

Occasionally I get customers (generally men) who get so hung up on needing a specific cut, color and clarity grade they won't even consider looking at one that's only slightly different in one or more of the grades. As in audio, there is also the law of dimishing returns when it comes to diamonds. At certain points within diamonds, especially with clarity, it becomes impossible to discern a difference to the naked eye. You then have to ask yourself if it is worth it to spend the extra money on a diamond that has one little speck you can see under a microscope compared to one that has 3 little specks you can see under a microscope.

By the way, this is the best Christmas season I've had so far sales-wise at work. People are definitely in a spending mood this holiday season!

{edit} On an ironic note, I'm listening to the Beatles right now and as I just hit the 'Post' button the lyric "Say you don't need no diamond rings and I'll be satisfied" just played on the CD. [:o]

They wont play vinyl or cd's, amplify, give you 1080p, or anything else that really matters.

Aren't the sylus of record players diamond tipped? So I guess this stuff actually DOES play vinyl! [;)]

Also, cannot forget those nifty diamond tweeter's of the new 8xxD series of the B&W speakers.

Now I can say: "Look honey, I bought us a new diamond. It's an upgrade from an elliptical to a shibata! (Happy Anniversary, because it is all about us, right?).