OT: What will happen if....(boating)

Clarence

Every day I drive by a lake, where everybody in there right mind has already removed there docks, and more importantly BOATS, for the winter. Up untill this year. Some genious has decided not only to leave their metal dock in the water, but to also leave their pontoon boat in as well. And this is not an old throwaway boat, its a farily late model sun deck with a nice top on it. They did a quick tarp job, tied 'er up real good, and there she sits. Keep in mind, I live in Michigan, and this lake freezes EVERY year. Am I missing something here? Wont the lake police make the owner take it out? Wont the ice somewhat destroy the aluminum pontoons? The road I drive is right next to the waters edge, so I get to see this thing up close and personal every day. They must know something I dont.

It's not a cheep system to buy and operate! But............if you've ever been to a public boat launch on the first nice day you know there are a lot of really stupid people in this world. You'll have to let us know. I'm always up for a good laugh!

We do not live were freezing is a big issue so there are a lot of folks that leave there boats in the water. I like going to the local docks and looking at boats. I saw a couple that amazed me. The tags are 5 years past due and there is about 4 inches of growth on the lower units. The covers are filled with holes. I thought that maybe the owner had abandoned them and thought it might be a good opportunity. I asked the marina manager about them and he said "nope, they pay their slip fees on an annual basis and let the boats sit and rot" I asked if I could phone or email the owner, I wanted to keep the boats clean and running if I could use them but he would not give up the names. He did say that there are some deals that do come around and he took my number. One woman sold an old wood trimmed chris craft (sp) for $1000, her husband had hand washed it weekly, started it but did not take it out and had passed away, she just wanted to get rid of it.

because I hate stupid people. btw there is no aereator, and the outboard is still in the water. Johnson outboard. stupid freaking people. thats waterford for ya.

My only thought besides neglectful stupidity is that the owner died and it's tied up in probate and until someone can call it theirs no one will put in the effort. But the neglectful idea is probably closer.

LMAO! Nice ski boat there. Don't know about the truck!

I once saw a guy, (with a new boat) try to launce at a marina on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />SassafrasRiver. He must not have had the ratchet locked nor the safety chain on because when he stopped the truck, prior to the trailer tires hitting the water, the boat slid off like eggs sliding across an Army mess hall grill. I guess thats why they call some of them easy-loaders! It took eight of us and several bumpers to get that new Sea Ray in the water. Mama just looked at the poor guy like he was nuts. Ah sh!t happens!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />