Opinion on a specific Plasma? Need some info!

johnarbour

I cannot speak to this year's LG plasma, but in January, I looked at LG and at Panasonic and the PQ on the Panny blew the LG away. I bought the Panny and could not be happier. With the recent price drop on the Panny, it's tough to beat for the price. SD picture on the Panny is about as good as it gets for SD. HD is outstanding as well.

One more comment. With the price drops, if your looking at 42" sets, look at the 50's. I am already looking to move the 421 to the bedroom and go bigger.

The LG plasmas are a solid television, especially the model you noted. Personally, I think the Panasonic Plasmas this year have taken a considerable step backwards as far as image reproduction. If you take a close look you'll see a lot of "clay face" (basically, people's faces will not have a natural color blending). Personally, I think you'll be happy with the LG.

As far as credentials go, I work as a HT sales rep and just generally keep a close eye on the industry of audio and video (otherwise I probably wouldn't be here). But basically, I've seen most of what's out there, and I think that plasma falls behind really only the Pioneers and a few of the Samsung models.

Why plasma? LCD has dropped in price, and the brightness cannot be matched by plasma - at least among the many I saw. We bought a 42" Vizio LCD with HD tuner built-in at Costco for $1099. I like Costco because it has the almost unbelievable return policy. Beats every manufacturer's warranty because you can return any time for any or no reason and receive full refund.

Personally, I think the Panasonic Plasmas this year have taken a considerable step backwards as far as image reproduction. If you take a close look you'll see a lot of "clay face" (basically, people's faces will not have a natural color blending).

After viewing lots of flat panel TV's the Panasonic displayed the most natural looking skin tone. So I purchased the 37" Plasma Panasonic $1198.99. At the same time I could have purchased a 42"Sylvania plasma TV lots cheaper $898.99 but the skin tones were not natural looking.