NEED HELP FAST!!! Want DVD that will display .jpeg

Tom Adams

So I buy this DVD player that says it will display .jpeg from CD/RW. And it did. However, the actual image displayed on the TV was small and I was hoping that the image would be much larger. For instance, on my 46" Samsung DLP the image displayed was only like 10" x 12" or so and that ain't gonna cut it for my 85 year old parents' eyes. And yes - I tried monkeying around with the DVD player's menu & setup and got no where.

Any of you have a DVD player that you own or could recommend that would give me almost a full screen display?

TIA.

Tom

• Moderators

I am not doubting that you tried everything to get the DVD player to dispay the jpeg images larger.

If I am not mistaken we also reset an option on the television to display jpeg images. On screen television menu which allows us to "toggle" between satellite, cable etc. I think it is called "Antenna" on our menu.

Just a thought.

In any event our Pioneer DVD model number DV 653A will display jpeg images (along with selecting the proper setting on TV) a little less than full screen size (full screen size is 65"), This is great for showing our photos to dtel's mother who is 73 and almost blind. (Long term effects of diabetes). This DVD player is also relatively inexpensive.

Tom, I hope this helps you out.

Hey Christy. Yeah - I made sure I had the correct input selected on the TV and all that. Messed with the silly DVD player for over an hour and concluded that what was displayed was all I was gonna get. I think the thing that really tipped me off was when I finally read the players' operating manual (hey - I'm a guy. I don't need no stinkin' instructions. LOL......) and there was a screen shot of what I should be seeing and it was what I was getting on my TV. DOH!!!

Thanks Christy for the suggestion. I'll look for the Pioneer.

Anyone else??????

Tom

There is also the Avelink/JVC player that plays jpg, WMV, & M2T files. It will also play them in real time directly through your network connection from your computer to your player. My network cable is 35 ft long. The Avelink software sets up a library on your computer.

JJK

Thanks JJ. The problem is that this DVD player is for my parents and they are technology challenged. LOL......

All this started when I was looking for a solution to show them photos of trips I've taken and such. Problem is.....all my photos are digital and they have no PC. So, I figured I'd buy them a DVD player and just burn a disc with my photos. TA - DA.....problem solved. Well - until I hit the snag of not getting a full screen image. Anyhow...thanks for the suggestion.

C'mon folks - I've only got 4 more shopping days!! LOL.................

Tom

My Sony DVD Player displays full screen images...not sure on the model, but I doubt it's made anymore.

Just outta morbid curiousity...what happens if you resize the .jpg files you're putting on the DVD? I know it reduces quality, but what if you enlarge everyting 400%?

Another alternative would be to just burn your pictures as a DVD Movie (instead of a JPEG DVD). I think most any of the burning software out there will give you this option.