If you had any doubts about which projector to buy......

Tom Adams

Interesting notion Dean. Even if the ability to watch any ole film you can get your hands on (and not just what's showing) isn't worth some $$, taking my family of 3 to a movie is about a $45 affair after popcorn and such. If we watch 100 movies we start to pay off the investment, not to mention I use the same room and equipment (except the projector) for 2ch listening.

Shawn:

"We all have our vices.... "

No doubt. But, what I want to know: is it better to use the optical input on my DC-1 or just the digital coax? I think a projector would be cool when I can afford one, but until then I'm trying to do the best I can with the plasma screen.

Some people also invest in pretty spendy popcorn makers. It's just part of the fun, and probably safer to stay at home, save gas, reduce the amount of exhaust in the air, take potty breaks without missing the best parts, and have fun adjusting sound and image while the rest of the family is watching the movie. I seem to find myself spending half the time playing around with Lexicon effects while the movie is going than actually watching the film.

Erik,

"is it better to use the optical input on my DC-1 or just the digital coax? "

Normally it makes no difference at all. Use whatever is convenient.

"I think a projector would be cool when I can afford one, but until then I'm trying to do the best I can with the plasma screen."

Projector setups have a huge price range. They can be done for well under $1000 and they can costs tens of thousands.

"Some people also invest in pretty spendy popcorn makers. "

No comment.....

Shawn

Shawn:

Do you have an expensive popcorn maker? ;)

Whatever puts a grin on a face. It doesn't matter if that thing is a pair of refrigerator-sized horn speakers, hand-made teddy bears, AVVT meshplate tubes, or a new projector.

I tried both the digital and optical, and didn't know if it was just me because I couldn't really tell a difference between the two. Thanks for responding on that.

Erik