Surround Speakers

Cee60

I need advice.I have a pair of KLF-30 and I am getting the KLF-C7 for a center speaker. I have a dilema the surround speakers klipsch recommends are discontinue and very hard to get.I want to get a good sounding pair

of klipsch speakers to use for surround. Any opinions on the RS-7 or the RB-5 II.Texts>

I don't have KLF-30's, but do have RS-3's, and used a C7 for a short period of time. The RS-3's would not provide the best timbre & tonal match for the KLF-30's (my opinion). Their sound would probably be overshadowed by your KLF fronts. My recommendation is to spend the additional dollars for the RS-7's. They would definately keep up with the KLF front array and should provide you with a more pleasing tonal match as well. KSF-S6's would work great too, but they're usually costly when they can be found.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 12-01-2001 at 11:50 AM

Just my two cents, but I have a pair of 30s and a C-7, and decided on a pair of Heresys as my surrounds! Most folks on this board will probably disagree with my choice, but I wanted a compact, full-range Klipsch that I could use as surrounds in a HT setup, and as rear speakers for a five-channel stereo configuration. If I had the space, I would have added another pair of 30s, but the bookshelf size fit my room quite nicely. K-Purists may scoff, saying there is a timbre mismatch, but I am quite pleased with the performance!

------------------

1 pair Mahogany KLF-30s

1 Mahogany KLF-C7

1 pair Walnut 1977 Heresys

mr. b, right on. I have cornwalls in the rear (space constraints) w/ my klf-30 & C7s. works great timbre-wise for me.

& for the academics, if klipsch recommended the c7

w/ the cornwalls/klf-30 & the heresy as a match to the corns, then the heresy must be at least an ok match for the 30s and c7 no? kind of an if a=b & b=c then a=c thingie.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 12-03-2001 at 07:34 PM

Mr. Blorry,

I also like full range speakers in the rear for the similar reasons. Since I like the Wide Dispersion sound there too, added them as well. I may be a considered a nonconformist, but if it sounds good to me, I do it.

Belle Klipsch - Front

Academy - Center

Cornwall Verticals - Rear

RS-3's - Rear

Rock on!!

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Boa, I would love to hear what Corns would sound like with that rig--salivating about that right now. Of course, I also wouldn't mind hearing what Corns would sound like with Heresys. Now that math you're talking about sounds good to me to--wasn't that algebra or something? It's been too many years to remember...too many brain cells lostcwm36.gif

------------------

1 pair Mahogany KLF-30s

1 Mahogany KLF-C7

1 pair Walnut 1977 Heresys