Drivers used in reference line

sredmyer

Where do people in China buy from for deep discounts on cheap labor?

Before I visited my gf in China (she's not Chinese, only works there) I asked her if all the stuff in their Walmart was made in China. I meant it as a joke, of course. Well, it is made in China.

The thing is, there are lots of great products sold in the U.S. that are made there, with heavy manufacturing just over the border onto the mainland from Hong Kong. Some of the best printers and fax machines are made by Brother, with plants in Shenzhen. HP has printers made there as well. Most electronics companies do.

I've mentioned this before, but my brother in law works in textiles. He has a customer who now imports socks from somewhere overseas. He says they are perfect... not just most of them, but all of them. They ship on time and they cost less, even after the shipping.

A friend of mine here in Chattanooga did a photo book of the Rock City barns. You know, the great advertising that has gone on for years to promote Rock City. The book was printed in Belgium, I think. The quality is superb. Even adding in the cost for him to fly to Europe to check the printing as it came off the press. Binding, packaging and shipping back to the U.S. The cost was lower. That one has me a little stumped since things aren't usually cheaper that come from Europe.

But China is still a communist country, that is my biggest complaint. It isn't whether the goods are good or not, because that will happen anywhere.

Bruce

• Moderators

We work directly with our manufacturing partners in China. We no longer use factory middle-men such as KSC, and they do not have anything to do with our current Reference or Synergy products.