Drivers used in reference line

sredmyer

Well, at least KSC is an American company who's R&D departments are in California. It's a shame all these American firms have a desire not to employ skilled craftsmen to assemble their products here in this country, that due to costs have to rely on laborers in Chinese plants to do their manufacturing for them. It's a shame, really.[:(]

• 1 year later...

The klipsch dealer says that the crossovers and the internal components are made in US and the cabinets made in china and also the assembly. With my personal experience yes its true! coz the black wood finish (coating) tends to tear off when touched on the edges which proves the 'made in China' thing! The Speakers are powerful and Good with (LF), though a little harsh with higher frequencies (HF).

So, as I understand it, my RF-75s for example, had their solid cherry cabinets made at the Hope plant, and final assembly and inspection were also done there, where they were packed and shipped out to dealers. And the Tractrix horns, compression drivers, woofers, motorboards and networks were designed and engineered at the R&D department at the Indy headquarters, and the plans were then transfered to KSC in CA, where they in turn actually had the latter components manufactured at their China plant. From there, the finished products were then shipped back to Klipsch in Hope for final assembly for consumer purchase.

Amy or Trey, am I even close on this assumption?

Seems almost more complicated to have certain models of the Reference line manufactured this way, that is until development/parts/labor costs are put into play, along with insurance, benefits, pension and union dues, et al...

I wonder if PWK ever envisioned such practices when he started up the business in '46 (how simple manufacturing must've been back in his day).

Union dues!?! That is NOT an expense FOR the employer. That is an expense for the employee.

I bought a pair of pants the other day beacause I noticed that they were now being made overseas and dug through the pile and found the last pair (that fit me) that was US made. Here's the kicker: $69.00 for US made pants.......and $79.00 for imported pants!! I don't believe for one second that these companies NEED to manufacture products overseas. They do it to make more profit. That's it.

Who is going to buy all the crap that they sell if nobody here has a job??

I'll get off my soapbox now.

p.s./ Buy American!!