OK here's the Color Composited curves

ClaudeJ1

What came as no suprise was the "Slam" everyone talks about with the Cornwall bass is hump from 60-80 Hz. Otherwise the surprise was how much more efficient the Chorus II's were than the Chorus. The Forte has the best broad band response but needs 4x the power of a Khorn. The brown curve is actually a Cornwall II, not a Cornwall, since there is not K-77 dip a 20kHz.

post-22904-1381931808851_thumb.jpg

I just overlaid the grids from the literature shots I found posted here, and added the Chorus II from my own printout/digital camera. There may be some very slight inaccuracies, but I'm sure it's tighter than the tolerance window of the measure curves at the factory, based on unit variations.

I used the Klipschorn Grid as a base and painted/traced the other (zoomed in using Photoshop), added the color coded text, and flattened the layers, then made a Jepeg.

A man from Vermont was once asked: "How's your wife?" to which, he replied: "Compared to what?"

Klipsch got good at flattening out responses as time went on. But I love the sound of the cornwall and it seems to have a worse looking response than some of the others that don't sound as good to me. Also, as responses flattened, other things changed like drivers, horns, and cabinets so it's hard to compare. It's like classic cars, drive the one you like best.

Klipsch got good at flattening out responses as time went on. But I love the sound of the cornwall and it seems to have a worse looking response than some of the others that don't sound as good to me. Also, as responses flattened, other things changed like drivers, horns, and cabinets so it's hard to compare. It's like classic cars, drive the one you like best.

I agree wholeheartedly, Mark. That's why they have salt and pepper shakers on the table. Your soup should taste good to you. You own the taste buds. As do I in my domain. Klipsch get us 90% there. The rest is up to us.

Very nicely presented Claude. Thanks for doing this. I'm also going
to print it out and post in the office. Bet it gets as much attention
as my Heritage Mountain poster.

EDIT- it does work best as a 5x7, the larger file fell to pieces, must have been the 96-> 300 dpi translation. Nice job with the tracings. I printed up a couple for the office.

Michael