Got my Forte's

spacelord2002

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post asking for help about Cornwalls mating with a pair of Forte's and I won a pair on Ebay the other day. I get them this Thurs. and to say I'm excited goes with out saying. My friend has a pair but I wasn't sure if they would go with the Cornies til I got the feed back from here. Thanks for all! And I would NEVER sell my Cornwalls! I've done some dumb things in my life but that would be one of the dumbest! I got the Forte's for 522.00 but after shipping and all that crap they ended up being 618.00, still not bad after my friend said he originally paid somewhere around 1500 for his.

Thanks again, Dave

I've had my Fortes for a couple of months now and have grown quite fond of them. I purchased mine for $400.00 and was able to pick them up. No added shipping charge. I have two pair of Cornwalls that I have hooked up to the same system with them and use a speaker selector switch. It is kind of cool to be able to choose which speakers I want to listen to at any given time. I have a small listening area and I must admit I listen to the fortes quite often. When I feel like rockin' out the neighbors I run them all and wouldn't you know. the Fortes really add to the complete sound package. They seem to enhance the mids and the upper lows. I believe you will enjoy them with the Cornwalls.

Tom

P.S. Congrats on the purchase.

mint condition and YOU'RE SHIPPING THEM??? arrrggghhhhh

I hope you're not posting photos of firewood in a couple of weeks. I'd NEVER ship those. Seen to many sob stories. You realize that we are no longer making the Fortes, right?

Please reconsider the shipping scenario......

Wrong pair, mine are in mint condition! But I saw the ones you're mentioning and they still didn't look bad.

Dave

Oh, sorry. I just saw that pair had ended for $522 and you said you got yours for $522. The high bidder on that pair was worthog2002 and your username is spacelord2002. Too many coincidences I guess. Do you have the link to the ones you won?

Yea, those were the ones I got so I suppose they aren't in mint condition after all. I thought you were referring to the ones that had a dented passive radiator. Mine do have a dent in one of the front woofers but all else seems to be pretty good.I have a friend who has a pair with the same kind of dent and he swears there's no problem, which is why I went with the ones I won. There's no other cosmetic damage that I can tell. It's the sound anyway they put out that's important. If there is a problem I'll just get it repaired professionally and they still will be what I wanted. I'll be happy with them I know it, besides they're worth it!

...and here is the professional fix...take your vacuum cleaner and use the hose attachment...place end of hose with vacuum on over dent...play with dent until hose is able to pull dent out...took me about 3 minutes...mine had been dented by the previous owner since he got them new...works like a charm but even if you don't try this...they wiull sound the same...EXCELLENT!

Bill