FORTE SPEAKERS

abbasi

I am new to the forum please excuse if it looks silly I want to buy Forte Speakers. What should I check before buying it. If the cabinet has some visible damage will it matter? or if the speakers do not have the inspection slip pasted at the back and how would i know that they have not been repaired and are original. How to test the tweeter and the mid range. Thanks for your help.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I had a pair of Forte II's for a 5 years and the bass driver had to be changed in the 3rd year as the glue came away from the surrounds. It was really only noticeable on deep bass when the sound became slurred. They were and still are a great speaker. I suggest you let your ears do the first audition. They could benefit from a better crossover. Bring some of your own CD'S there are usually a few pairs for sale on ebay.

Good luck

Some scratches and dings won't affect the sound. Make sure the passive radiator in the back isn't damaged or punctured. Turn the music up to a decent level and listen to each speaker separately. Put your ear to each driver to make sure sound is coming from them. Doesn't take too much to make sure the drivers are working good.

HI,

Any CD with a good, tight and deep bottom end with pronouced highs will give you what you need. There are a number of test CD'S available such as the one XLO put out, these are good for testing the 9 odd octaves your hope to hear. Don't worry too much about woofers, there are plenty around that will do the job if all else fails.

Cheers