Any Foghat fans out there?

DrWho

I received a Foghat Best Hits album from my Uncle for Christmas and was wondering if there were any other fans out there. I only recognized one song on the album, but can't remember the title at the moment. Anything interesting about this band I should know?

Dave, Tone, and Roger were members of Savoy Brown before leaving to form Foghat with Guitarist Rod Price ( I think that's his name). They put out alot of albums, but in my opinion only a couple were stand outs; the First one FOGHAT, there was a album with just a ROCK and a ROLL on the cover, I liked that album best, and of course, Fool for the City................If you really want to explore their background, buy SAVOY BROWN......LOOKING IN, that was their last album before FOGHAT..............it will set the stage to follow Foghat, if that's what you are looking to do......................

Saw Foghat 3 times in the 70's, all in Wisconsin. Have all 13 LP releases, and about 10 of them on CD. Even had a few 8-tracks back in the early days.

Also, have the DVD, Foghat Live: two centuries of boogie. Foghat live is probably my fave; but man, that disc needs a re-issue with more songs on it! The re-grouped original band has "Road Cases", from the late 90's, which is a very fine performance. . . . . . .

NP - UDO - No Limits

....................................................................................................................

I liked their 1st lp and Rock and Roll Outlaws the best. The first time I saw them it was their first tour and they were backing up Johnny Winter at Cobo Hall In Detroit. Great concert.

Boy, I bet that was a GREAT SHOW.........................ROCK 'N ROLL INDEED.....................Ears were ringing after that one..............EH???????

Saw Foghat 3 times in the 70's, all in Wisconsin. Have all 13 LP releases, and about 10 of them on CD. Even had a few 8-tracks back in the early days.
Also, have the DVD, Foghat Live: two centuries of boogie. Foghat live is probably my fave; but man, that disc needs a re-issue with more songs on it! The re-grouped original band has "Road Cases", from the late 90's, which is a very fine performance. . . . . . .

NP - UDO - No Limits

....................................................................................................................

It would be nice if they would remaster a reference dvd...ahh slow ride..

From the time I heard "Honey Hush" at about age 13 I really liked everything about the band.I got Fool For the City LP for Christmas in 75 and wore it out.Great vocals and killer guitars,my kinda band.

You know that reminds me, weren't there three songs rolling around in the 70's with the exact same riff? Honey Hush from Foghat, "Train Kept a Rollin'" from Aerosmith,. and Jeff Beck had a song with the same riff off his live one with Jan Hammer--

am I crazy?

No,you're right,Train Kept Rollin' was almost the same song with minor variations,equally great.Funny you mentioned Jeff Beck,once when I saw him he started playin this same jam in the middle of Sophie I think it was.