advice requested

BigStewMan

ebay Item number: 290065319597

klipsch chorus

a few questions...how does this price look? ($445) i have a pair of heresy (purchased new in 1983) i been looking for three more heresy's to go with them.

is the chorus compatible or should i stick with all heresy? not in a rush, just keeping my eye out for good deals.

thanks for your advice, and happy new year.

Go with Heresy's all around......................I would like to hear an ALL Heresy Home Theatre set-up.........Sounds good I bet.............Heresy are very under-rated in my opinion..................given it's size, it's performance, they can hang with speakers twice their size..............I realize they are not BIG like Cornwalls, La Scala's, Khorns...................but, it's like, "It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog", I feel that way about Heresy's......................they really sound good, better with a sub......................

thanks for the advice--although the auction has ended for the chorusII (they went for $445).

Coming up on 23 years and i still love my heresys--pwk really hit a homerun with them. i was fortunate to walk into a high-end stereo shop in early 1984 and the saleman suggested the heresey--i've never regretted that purchase once!

my wife has given me the ok to get three more heresys (i struck a deal and whenever i find a good buy that will be my belated Christmas present).

not as well-schooled in sound engineering as most of you--i'm assuming the timbre match will exist whether or not i find heresy I or heresy II?

I'm not well schooled in sound engineering but, I know what sounds I like, and I like the sound of my H2's. The more I use them, the better I like them, and they don't fill the room with cabinet....................I bet a home theatre with all Heresy's would sound good............I just got mine, tried to buy some 20 years ago, and couldn't afford them, got them now...........Really, Klipsch has such a wide range of speakers to offer, something for everyone, hard to believe they can do that.........................

it was a local deal, so i could have picked them up myself. i just waited too long. initially, i didn't know too much about them, then wasn't sure if they get along with my heresys, then wondered if i should wait until i pay off my vacation (taking a 15 day cruise from los angeles to hawaii and return this spring and i have to pay the balance this month). hopefully, more good deals will come along--although, i think i'll go with an all heresy lineup.

If you'd like a little of my advise, I have recently experimented with Lascalla's, Chorus I's, Forte I's, Heresy II's, and an Academy.

Its been my experience that the original "Heritage" line voice extremely closely in both timbre match and fullness or Presence. Original Heritage would be defined as Khorn, Lascalla, Belle, Cornwall, and finally Heresy, (with one Caveat, during the production run of the Chorus I & II's, the Cornwall was dropped from the line and they were designed to replace the Cornwall). I haven't personally heard the Cornwall yet though, but from all of my readings, the Chorus 's almost replaced the Cornwall, except not quiet as low bass extension. Of all the Cornwall has the most bass extension of all "Original Heritage".

If you stay with any of these speakers, there will be an exellent match, except a good rule of thumb is typically (but not always), "The larger the Cabinet, the Deeper the note".

I would not prefer to mix these speakers with "Extended Heritage" (Forte's, Forte II's, Quintet's, Academy's, or any of the Kg line) They are not quite as efficient, while appearing to be more musical, they are more "laid back" and need to be driving harder to reach the same SPL's as Original Heritage.

If you examine the woofer surround between the Original Heritage and the Extended Heritage, you will notice that the Original Heritage surround is an accordian folded paper or fabric. The Extended Heritage have a black soft rubber surround. It seems that they don't mix in timbre match.

Does anyone here disagree with these findings?