How well do these reference match with older synergy?

DelDelacroix

I currently have the KSF-8.5s as mains and I've heard great things about the KSF-C5 center channel and the KSF-S5 surrounds, which are matched with my mains, but, I can't really find them anywhere and I don't want to go through ebay or any auctions. So, I heard the reference 3 series is the closest match. I have seen the RC-3 center for about $250 and the RS-3 surrounds for about $500. How do these speakers match up to the discontinued synergy speakers previously mentioned?

Have not used or heard the Synergy Series Line, but you could also give a listen to the SC-1 Center and SS-1 Surrounds, they may also work with your mains. Perhaps your local dealer will allow you take the RF & Synergy Series speakers home for comparison, especially if they know your intent is to buy the components that match best with your mains.

Your sources for buying are limited, as you've stated you do not want to buy via auction sites. How do you feel about purchasing from used via classified ads?

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 12-02-2001 at 08:35 AM

Del,

Dont get a ksc-c1 for you center. I have one now. It cant keep up with my rf-3's. The ss-1's should be ok for rears surrounds. I belive there are a pair of the KSF-S5 surrounds on ebay. Check audioreview.com's classified also.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

REAR: SS-1's

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire