Guest srobak

Guest srobak

Greetings all,

I am a long-time Klipsch admirer,
although I have only owned the ProMedia 2.1 which I purchased 4 years
ago. I use them quite extensively for audio post production and
personal enjoyment - and I have to say they are the best nearfield
monitors I have ever owned :)

Recently I had the opportunity to audition the Sub 12 paired up with different mains, including the F2, F3 and SLX.

I
liked the sound with all 3 sets, and think that any of them would be
great at home and eventually evolve into a full surround system with
like components all the way around. I was all set to buy from Best
Buy Online and this morning when I went to place the order - all the
prices took a dramatic jump, about $100 each. Needless to say, I was a
bit put off by this.

So - I am looking for the best place
- online or off - to pick up this stuff. Can anyone make a
recommendation? I am in Chicagoland and can shop around there, and am
also fine with on-line purchases so long as it comes with a blessing
from someone on here. :) I am trying desperately to avoid purchasing
on ebay, but some of the prices are quite tempting.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I am lucky that I have an audio store about 5 miles away and I can usually bust them for about a 15% discount because most Klipsch

items have to be ordered. They stock a bunch of small stuff but not the computer 5.1's. Best buy stocks a lot of the lower end Klipsch

stuff but treats them like rotton dog breath. Knowing what models you want saves much hastle.

JJK

Guest srobak

I listed the models I am interested in. :) (nothing computer 5.1 in there :P)

Would you be interested in fielding some prices for me on those? For the right deal, I could even include a finder's fee. :)

I am going to make my purchase from Best Buy/Magnolia Home Theater. The Magnolia Home Theater is located in some of the larger Best Buys, and carries higher end components and speakers than the typical Best Buy. NEVER buy from Best Buy online. A common misconception is that you simply have to pay sticker price at Best Buy, but I have paid less than sticker on my TV, receiver, and other speakers I have purchased in the past.

Find a few prices on the internet, do a lot of research, and then go talk to a salesman at Best Buy/Magnolia. Tell them you know they can't match the online prices, but they sure could work with you to encourage a purchase in the store, because you realize the value of just being able to bring them back if there is a problem. They will work with you on the price.

Guest srobak

I have found that the bestbuy online price is consistently and significantly under the in-store price on most items. Recent research has yielded the same results for the Klipsch I am looking at... to the tune of 40 to 80$ per cabinet. I did a little more research and managed to find a Sub-12 non-refurb for $425, so I grabbed it.

Now I gotta find some mains... I am thinking F3 or F2, possibly SLX... whatever I can find the best deal on. :)

One place that you can check out is Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates. I picked up the RF-83 setup, minus the sub, from them last month. Even if you don't buy anything from them you should check them out. They have the Heritage line for demo, plus they will let you listen for as long as you want. A really cool place and a great bunch of guys.

James

acousticsounddesign.com is a klipsch authorized dealer. I called klipsch to verify this and they said they are authorized. I bought four RS-35 surround speakers from them. They have some very good online deals and usually include free shipping. I actually got a better deal by calling. He said on the phone order he could give me a better discount. I bought all four RS-35's for a total price of $700. This was about six months ago.

Guest srobak

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the feedback, and I will be looking into all of your suggestions. I did already get the sub12, and will be doing the rest in the coming weeks. I am still breaking it in, but even without pushing it - this is Fist Of God Beating Table kind of stuff. Absolutely awesome... and the gain is up *just* a little bit. :D Tight, smooth, quick transitions... very clear - extremely impressive. Very happy. Oh - and it does have S/Ns :D

Guest srobak

THAT'S where they moved to... I couldn't find them forever! They used to be on Dempster in Evanston - a burb just to the north of Chicago. That's where I got all my NAD gear back some years ago.

i love that store but last time i was there they had a limited selection of klipsch speakers available to listen to. you should still go though ... it's a great store.

Also look at the SATURDAY AUDIO store. They were, an Authorized dealer in Chicago......................

Saturday Audio Exchange

1021 W Belmont Ave

Chicago, IL. 60657
Ph. 773-935-HIFI
Fax 773-935-1210