Minneapolis Meeting ***Feb 24/25*** You're All Invited

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after lackluster interest in the poll, I'm going to take DrWhos' advice and just make the date the weekend of Feb 24/25.

I'll get ahold of my lady at the Marriot tmrw and get numbers/prices, post those, and see if we can get enough people to commit to make it a go or not. I sure hope so, I'd love to meet everyone and also have a chance to hear some good sounds.

I could come if it was on a Sunday. I usually only get 1 Saturday off per month and in February my Saturday off is the 17th.

I could bring the Fortes but probably wouldn't have any room for my receiver or CD player or anything else unfortunately.

Too bad I didn't have a big truck and I could bring the Fortes/RF-7s/KLF30s and we could really rock out!

I was thinking it could be a Sat/Sun thing with people staying the night at the Marriot. I doubt people would want to drive hours to sit for a couple then drive home right away. That would mean you could get in on Sat night or Sun AM, dependiung on what happens. I believe someone mentioned doing a demo at their house one of the days.

Champagne,

I live in Burnsville, MN and would be interested in attending the Klipsch gathering at the Marriat. Could you tell me which Marriatt is it? (I cannot find the other thread where earlier posts about hotel information was being gathered)

***I probably will not need a room considering I live in the Metro area

I think I'm in for the 24/25. There is one weekend (date unknown at present) that I will be in the Mpls area anyway, but I'd have limited personal time. I won't promise to stay at the Mariott--but it's a good possibility especially if I'm on my own that weekend.

Happy to drag along some Aragon stuff...

Schurkey

• 2 weeks later...

The 24/25 is the weekend I'll have some other commitments. Still, I'll drop in if I can--I just won't be able to stay very long. Is this get-together still a viable deal? I'm still willing to kick in a few bucks for room rental--what's a reasonable amount? If i can come at all, shall I bring an amp/preamp?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd about given up on this, seemed to be a dwindling amount of interest but have had a couple messages from interested folk, so going to give it one more shot. The Marriot is in St Louis Park, right on 394 just west of Highway 100. They have nothing available for Sat, but are wide open for Sunday, looks like we could get a 19 x 32 room for $100 for pretty much the whole day. It sounded like she was open to larger rooms also, they have nothing scheduled for the day so we could get a larger room if needed for probably not much more, another benefit of Sunday would be that with no one else in the other rooms loudness wouldn't be an issue. I'm thinking maybe starting up at 10-11, maybe go till 3-4? Could start earlier if folks wanted, looking for opinions and commitments. Even a group of 5 would make it affordable at $100 total.

Anyone still interested/available? I told the nice lady at the Marriot that I'd try and get back to her by Friday with a go/no go.

I am willing to kick in $20 for the room. Do you have a PayPal account I can transfer the money to?

I'm not making a promise to BE there, though. I don't think I will be in the Mpls area on Sunday--I'll be somewhat south and west in St. Pete and Cleveland. I'll show up if I can. Should I load an amp/preamp into the car on the hope I can show up for awhile?

I do want to come but at this exact moment I am not certain. I wish there was a way to phone you for more details as I am not at the computer very often. I will try to rearrange some things and get in touch with another Klipsch local (strabo) and we may be able to make it...with gear in hand no less.

If I am able to make it I would like to start around 8:00am, only because I have a commitment later in the day and have to leave around 1:45pm.

Thanks for the effort, no matter how this turns out. If the turnout is too low for Sunday the 25th, I suggets chosing a weekend in April so we can have enough time to make the date stick.

Wow, good to see this has some legs. Sunday works for me, or moving it out a month works also.

9 or 10 sounds better than 8am. I'm an early riser but a slow mover. [;)] Even with coffee.

I don't have Klipsch anymore but would love to hear some stuff, and meet some people. I could also bring an amp, and/or pre, and/or universal player, and some music. Don't know if I want to lug a TT around but that doesn't mean I wouldn't.

I'll kick in my share of the room cost too.

Well, since I'm the yahoo that started this mess, I guess it's my baby to take to fruition, however that may turn out.

I did NOT get ahold of the Marriot today, I left work early with the flu and just recently got out of bed. It's been a couple of interesting days. I do believe, though, that the rooms are still available, and will contact them tomorrow morning and get something confirmed. We are going to be in The Cities for a surprise birthday party, so I may end up being up a little late since the surprisee (sic?) is also our host for the weekend. Nonetheless, I can see me getting there at 8-9 AM to open up the room, set up some chairs and what have you. The only fun thing I'll be bringing, and fun is a relative term, is a Toshiba 3690 (?) DVD/CD player. Might be interesting to compare its' sound to anything other folk bring. I could also bring along my KG 4's, just to let anyone that's not aware of their sound have a listen. Oh yeah, and a Perreaux PMF1850, 200 watts of SS power.

As my wife and I discuss this post while I compose it, I may end up driving a seperate vehicle down from the Garrison area just because of logistics, my wifes' and my schedule don't seem to mesh too well on Sunday. Still in the planning stages, if anyone's going down from somewhere North on 371 or 169, please let me know, maybe we can figure some sort of car pool deal.

Any questions, please Instant Message me here at Klipsch.com and I will get a phone number out to you.

I'd just rather not have my home and work numbers all over the world.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible and hearing what folks have to bring. I apologize for it not being the ideal weekend when everyone could make it, but I don't know that such a weekend exists. Being the instigator, I chose a weekend that worked best for me, since it is a 2+ hour drive. Those of you that couldn't make it, I'd love it if you tried to set up another meeting later this spring or into summer.

p.s. Plans for our sleeping arangements are not firmed up, we may end up in Elk River for the night, or possibly Maple Plain. It could effect how soon I can get there on Sunday morning to start set-up.

Bump.

Would everyone that is definatly going to be there please reply one last time to confirm and if possible list any equipment that you may be willing/able to bring with.

I'll have a Perreaux PMF1850 SS amp (180w 20-20k with less than .015THD from .25w up, 330w into 4 ohms), stock Toshiba SD 3950 and a pair of KG4's. I'll likely show up around 8-9.