Where are all the SUB-10's?

ILikeSound

Best Buy's great deal on the SUB 10 on Black Friday was hard to pass up ($199), despite my dislike of BB. Anyway, I waited until Christmas to test it out and it was a long wait for nothing. The blue light was on, but nothing happened. I tried all the outputs, checked the fuse, etc. I took it back to BB the next day, but they had no stock to replace it with. It is now well into January, and BB still has no stock. According to the HT manager there are no BBs within or around their district (NE Ohio) with any of these subs. He told me Klipsch took their stock after finding a problem with the batch of Subs exhibiting the same problem I was facing. I took his statement with a grain of salt, and I was wondering if anyone ran into the same situation. They have no idea when they are going to get a new shipment of subs, and with the deal I had, they were not even going to consider upgrading me to the 12 (which they are now also out of).

I have seen other similar posts about Sub 10 problems. Should I try and haggle BB for an upgrade to a 12 should they get those in first? I know it won't be that simple, but I wouldn't mind paying a little more if it would be worth it.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Don't be too quick to fault the Sub. Is your receiver set up correctly and the sub hooked up correctly as far as input gain, crossover, etc?

The Sub-12 is a huge upgrade over the 10.

I'd make absolute sure that the sub and receiver are on their correct settings though.

I'm absolutely sure about all the settings. I tested another sub on the receiver, tweaked the gain, crossover, and any sub-related setting on the receiver.

I guess the other option is: can anyone recommend a better sub in the $250 range? I know that isn't a lot of money to spend on a sub, but that is one reason I jumped on this deal. I don't have the room or the money for an expensive setup yet, so I'm just building a small HT to get me by. I also don't want to waste money on sub-par equipment that won't last.

Thanks for the quick response.

I just had the same thing happen to me. I purchased it at
BestBuy.com got it the middle on December. I just installed it last
week after iI finished the new addition build for a new home theater.
The sub worked great and then this morning a turned on the system and
absolutely nothing. The sub was dead. The front light is lite, but not
sound at all. I though someone had changed some setting o hte
receiver, but everything was the same. I even tried setting it up
throught the highpass input instead of the LFE input and still nothing.

The
worse thing again it that not one BestBuy store within almost 500 miles
has one left. I was at my local store just a few days ago and they had
a good 6 or more and now none. They said they don't know when they'd
got more in and that my return policy ends on hte 24th.

What is the problem? Is Klipsch going to replace these defective sub????

You bring up a good point. I wasn't even thinking about the return policy. Once again, this is just a hard deal to turn down, even if I have to wait. However, BB not having any idea when they are going to get more bothers me, and the customer should not be penalized because he or she was sold a defective product with no replacement available.

The more I read, the more I just want to save up and get the Sub 12 and maybe strike some sort of deal with BB. With the 12 being supposedly that much better than the 10, it seems like that is something I should look in to.

Well, I have some good news. I went over to BB today and talked to the HT manager about a Sub 12. He offered it for $350 so I went ahead and got it. $150 more than I paid for the 10, but from what I've read and heard in the forums, it was a worthy investment. I just plugged it in and am very happy with the purchase. Thank you all for your responses and help.

When the blue store is selling a name brand subwoofer with great reviews at a price point of $200 for the holidays- EVERYONE wants one. The demand was incredible. I myself would like to know the numbers on that unit in that time frame. I would imagine that they sold every last one in the states at that price.

Sorry to those having problems with units and difficulty getting replacment at the retail stores. I'm certain we're making more, but demand just skyrocketed.

I would jump on the Sub-12 at that price. How about it Klipsch? It would make things up to all of those, er, I mean us, who had our entire Christmas holiday ruined by a lifeless sub. Giving us a deal on an even better sub would reaffirm our faith in the speakers (and company) that is a huge part of our daily lives. A forum only deal would be a great reward to those of us who are extremely loyal.