Sub for RF-7 + system.

UFObuster

I just missed a buy on an RSW-15 on eBay which went for $1025...%#@#%.
Klipsch people: I have RF-7 fronts and RF-5 surrounds.....I have a left over RSW-10 sub at present......
What do you think? Do I really need an upgrade? What about the Velodyne SPL-1200R for around $1000? Other recommendations with good compatibility?

Of course I watch movies, but my system is dedicated to best musical sound I can get out of these babies. It's GOT to be accurate! Room is long...about 4500 cu ft but my listening area is at one end in about a 15x18 patch of this room. I'm in eastern NC...can't really audition too much out here.

I appreciate any comments..

Roger

Need? No....but after upgrading I don't think you'll ever turn back [;)]

If you listen to a lot of music, then you might find stereo subwoofage to sound more balanced across the sound stage. You could probably get a pair of the new RW-12d's for around $1k. I find the klipsch subs to be more on the musical and dynamic sounding side of the competition, but you'll probably get a lot of recommendations for SVS, HSU, and Velodyne...

The best match is the RSW15 ,I have RF7's too and RF5's and RB5's and a RC7...plus a stack of three RSW subs. Cannot beat RF7's with an RSW15,best match. Have them and this combo is KILLER.

Since the RSW15 is discontinued a replacement so to speak is the RT-12d a very worthy replacement,with an auto EQ. Less punch,not an issue as the RF7's.Deep bass output the RT-12d is more linear down to 23Hz(as tested in my room).

Another great match and one that will provide you with real deep subsonics,is the large Velodyne HGS/DD subs. An HGS15 or 18 will do a great job,and like the RSW series be a perfect match.

I have RF-7's with the RSW-15 and it sounds great. My 7's are set to small on my processor and crossed over at 80hz and the RSW-15's volume is just below 1/2 way. It's a really good match. There's probably a reason why they (Klipsch) recommend the RSW-15 to match up with the RF-7's.

Since the RSW-15 is getting hard to find...I may have to choose another.

I've also looked at the Velodynes....in particular, the SPL-1200R.......anyone know how this would match-up?

I'm also interested in the SVS line: pb12-plus/2....but this is a really big box. The SPL is a lot smaller.

Comments?

The best match is the RSW15 ,I have RF7's too and RF5's and RB5's and a RC7...plus a stack of three RSW subs. Cannot beat RF7's with an RSW15,best match. Have them and this combo is KILLER.

Since the RSW15 is discontinued a replacement so to speak is the RT-12d a very worthy replacement,with an auto EQ. Less punch,not an issue as the RF7's.Deep bass output the RT-12d is more linear down to 23Hz(as tested in my room).

Another great match and one that will provide you with real deep subsonics,is the large Velodyne HGS/DD subs. An HGS15 or 18 will do a great job,and like the RSW series be a perfect match.

Thanks EAR, the RT-12d is what I've been recommending. Can you post more reviews on any of the newer Klipsch subs you've auditioned?