yamaha rx-v3000, no pro logic II

masterxela

I pulled the spec's on it because I think I had one a few years ago. The unit I has was finished in black.

It's not the latest and the greatest, but for 350, it's a bargain. If you can get it for less, even better.

It looks like it has 6 channels at 140 watts each, plus 2 more effects channels at 35 watts each.

It uses a Brown Burr 24bit/96khz DAC which is found on a lot of high end units.

If properly listed on ebay, it would bring an easy 600 bucks.

The issue about the surround modes, while important if your were paying top dollar, is not really a big deal in functional practice since very few media sources actually mandates the highest standard. They all down convert to what ever your system can decode.

rx_v3000.pdf

Most on here would recommend Marantz. I don't have any experience with Marantz except a component system that I bought years ago. I kind of wish I still had it, as it was a pre-amp, tuner and power amp separate system. I would love to see what it sounds like with my Klipsch!

I am/will be running klipsch reference 3 series. They all support

virtually the same stuff, except the yammie is 6.1 and has no pro logic

II. I'm not in need of any kind of ipod/internet/video switching etc.

Supported formats and sq are my major goals. I'm leaning on the denon or hk right now, but just because the yamaha

is older and I'm not getting any kind of "deal" on the marantz. Still

open for any of them. I can't audition these a/b style so I'm kinda relying on the masters here to guide the newbie. Be masters! :) Thanks

Two comments, $350. is alot of money for used Yamaha............try, www.vanns.com pretty good prices on new

140 watts per channel ................. check that figure again, I think it's really 120 per @20 to 20,0000.....140 per is at 1,000 hz. to 20,000, I could be wrong.................Yamaha's are nice, just got a new one................$400. brand new, delivered to door..................

Two comments, $350. is alot of money for used Yamaha............try, www.vanns.com pretty good prices on new

140 watts per channel ................. check that figure again, I think it's really 120 per @20 to 20,0000.....140 per is at 1,000 hz. to 20,000, I could be wrong.................Yamaha's are nice, just got a new one................$400. brand new, delivered to door..................

I checked your site, the biggest 6.1 was only 95 watts X 6, and cost 600 bucks.

The original list price for the RX-v3000, was over 1500, and maybe over 2000. The RX-3000 has 6 channels at 140 and 2 additional channels at 35.

An RX-v3000 for 350 is a steal.

I bought this receiver new several years ago. This model was just under the flagship RX-V1. I have had no problems with this receiver and it is NOT going anywhere anytime soon! Very articulate/powerful.........

$350.00 IS a steal indeed~

Take care

Mike

http://www.avrev.com/equip/yamaharxv3000/index.html

http://www.audioenz.co.nz/2001/0303.html

I bought this receiver new several years ago. This model was just under the flagship RX-V1. I have had no problems with this receiver and it is NOT going anywhere anytime soon! Very articulate/powerful.........

$350.00 IS a steal indeed~

Take care

Mike

http://www.avrev.com/equip/yamaharxv3000/index.html

http://www.audioenz.co.nz/2001/0303.html

Great links.

I think the one I bought was initially on clearance for 2700, and had a store price of 3600, but I waited it out, and think I paid 1900 for it. It was marked down 10% every week until it was sold.

It's a great sounding unit.

Keep in mind that the really high price ($4999) was overseas on that link. A New Zealand site.

MSRP here in the states was $1,599.00 in black.....$1,699.00 in gold. I purchased the last closeout unit at a GoodGuys 5 hours drive from my home.

Paid $980.00. It was a steal then too![:D]

Don't know what speakerfritz is talking about............Yamaha htr 5960.....7.1......115 watts per channel......$449.99.....Free Shipping...No slaes tax.......I don't know what your looking for, Home Theatre, or 2 channel.............BRAND NEW...not used...I was just throwing out something to think about, $350. used, as is,...............Your Money, your choice..............What you buy makes no difference to me,really.......................

Don't know what speakerfritz is talking about............Yamaha htr 5960.....7.1......115 watts per channel......$449.99.....Free Shipping...No slaes tax.......I don't know what your looking for, Home Theatre, or 2 channel.............BRAND NEW...not used...I was just throwing out something  to think about, $350. used, as is,...............Your Money, your choice..............What you buy makes no difference to me,really.......................

I saw that one for 549.

As far as what I was comapring, I was comapring apples to apples, the post was about 6.1 systems, and the cheapest 6.1 system was 600 bucks.  Is 7.1 better, sure, if you have enough speakers to put in 7.1.  If you don't, 6.1, or even 5.1 will get you by.

Speaker or TOP, why buy 6.1 when you can buy 7.1 and use it as 5.1 or 6.1 or 7.1, whatever you choose to use. You have to look through VANNS they have some good deals, plus free shipping on some, or if you gp through Amazon it's free shipping...................Just supplying food for thought, I think 350. is alot for a used reciever, just my opinion, unless you know the equipment, and who owned it............another $100. you get brand new, delivered to your door, and a 2 year warranty...........not AS-IS, or it worked when I shipped it...............

masterxela, any one would be good, I didn't comment on the others because I have never owned them, but I'm sure they are fine, alot of members like them. Sell you a Sony 6.1 100 watts per with shipping included for $200. 3 years old, never hurt, smoke free home...................

What do you guys think of this..

Hk avr-430, 65w x7, but has a published power consumption of 900+ watts at full power, which breaks down to like an actual wattage of 115 x 7.

The marantz sr4600 is 80 x 7, but the published power consumption is only 314 watts. If that rating is at full power also, thats only 40wpch.

Any ideas?

In the case I can't get that yamaha (70%), I'm between these two. Can't find as much info on the hk as I'd like. Differences? Msrp on the hk is double the marantz, ish. Thanks again

Hi there oldbuckster.

I agree with you.....mostly. I think to be fair though, you'd need to compare the upper end Yamaha's price/performance to the 3000. The price rises rather quickly. And, true, on used equipment, it depends on the condition, has it been repaired, any problems at all, is the seller HONEST (do you know the seller), any written guarantee etc....

My receiver has been driven very hard over the years with not even a hiccup. I wouldn't even think of trading it in for one of those newer $400/$500 dollar models. This has been a fantastic unit, and mine is definitely worth MORE than $350.00 [:P]

So there!

Take care

Mike