Think KSW12 is Dying. Need Recomendation on new Sub or help with old.

QUiKSR20

Hello All,

Long time member, I use to post here quite often but havent had much time lately.

I noticed my system lost alot of the bass I was use too, So i started to play with the sub &
noticed its barely having any output. It appears theres something wrong with the connection
of where the RCA Inputs are for the wire from the reciever. If I apply pressure on the connection
it appears to work. So i know the amp is good and the speakers def good but is there any fixing
those RCA Connections? Its not the cables I have also tried other cables.

Is this a common occurence with KSW-12s. I know its not the greatest sub but its been good to me.
If this is not fixable or not worth fixing. Is there a new amp alternative that would work like a parts express amp?

Or should I  save my time and money and put it to a new sub? Im sure a new sub would sound alot better.
If I bought a new sub what would be a good recomendation? the room is 15x19 I currently own an HK AVR-430
running synergy 8 inch bookshelfs. 

If anyone has any recomendations on fixing my current subs or a recomendation for a new sub that would be great
preferably a better sub if im going to move on. In the past I use to read on here about sunfire, SVS & velodyne.

Thanks in advance,
Daryl Gregg

Roly,

Why yes it does. I currently own a VW but raced and owned many SR20 powered SE-Rs Miss them big time and looking to get another shortly. Great Engine. As for the sub. I am not sure why this issue has happened i havnet moved the sub in ages.

Great price on the KSW but im not sure im looking for another KSW if I cant get this fixed. If I decide to keep the KSW I will let you know Great Price. The sub isnt the best but for what I need it to do its not that bad either!

Hello All,

Long time member, I use to post here quite often but havent had much time lately.

I noticed my system lost alot of the bass I was use too, So i started to play with the sub &
noticed its barely having any output. It appears theres something wrong with the connection
of where the RCA Inputs are for the wire from the reciever. If I apply pressure on the connection
it appears to work. So i know the amp is good and the speakers def good but is there any fixing
those RCA Connections? Its not the cables I have also tried other cables.

Is this a common occurence with KSW-12s. I know its not the greatest sub but its been good to me.
If this is not fixable or not worth fixing. Is there a new amp alternative that would work like a parts express amp?

Or should I save my time and money and put it to a new sub? Im sure a new sub would sound alot better.
If I bought a new sub what would be a good recomendation? the room is 15x19 I currently own an HK AVR-430
running synergy 8 inch bookshelfs.

If anyone has any recomendations on fixing my current subs or a recomendation for a new sub that would be great
preferably a better sub if im going to move on. In the past I use to read on here about sunfire, SVS & velodyne.

Thanks in advance,
Daryl Gregg

If you're handy, it should be as simple as replacing the plug on the sub, or repairing the loose connection. If you're like me, I'd use it as an excuse to upgrade. I'd recommend SVS too. Velo makes some nice subs, but for example, if you compare what SVS and Velo offer at the same price point, the SVS would win 10 out of 10 times.

Buck_Eye,

I am pretty handy and will take a look at removing the amp and repairing the RCA connections, the amp does work it just seems like a connection issue. Now on the other
hand can anyone make any recomendations for a new Sub. I listen to music / home theater. So i know its hard to find one that does both decent.

Can anyone make a recomendation around $500 or less? Im not biased to new. Used is good too. I am just looking for a nicer sounding sub that will still put out nice power. The KSW had decent power.

How would these subs do? ( better or worse than the ksw )

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pcpow3.cfm#driver

thttp://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-10nsd.cfm

I open to all suggestions these are just a few i checked out

Thanks Guys,!

I just won a nib KSW12 on e-bay for 315.00. After reading this thread, I'm inclined to think I didn't do so well. This is not for my main music room which has k-horns, etc.. It is for the h-def we have in the bedroom with 5.1. We watch movies and crumb up the bed at night.

Any wisdom will be appreciated.

Thanks.

DRBILL