Klipsch Product Expansion?

shakenUp Design

Thanks for the photo. That is actually the smart fortwo, modified by Beyhma. That car is actually slightly smaller that the one I am designing, though the smart only seats two. Great reference though.

After a week of rigerous work, my instructor recommended I pursue a more literal feel to the design. I encorporated the rounded speaker element into the side of the glasshouse, with a dynamic forward stance, visually lifting the rounded element. The photo is not my final design, but it is rather close, and is definately my final design direction. A 1/5th scale tape drawing is due next Wednesday, explaining major surfaces, so my final major surface development should be finished by then. It's set to be a busy week ahead.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Inspired,

TJ Vaninetti

post-25658-13819325471532_thumb.jpg

Here is the finalised package description for the project. The overall shape is indicated, though this will be just for reference when executing a 1/5th scale tape drawing. This layout is much more feasable than the previous layout, and considerations were made, thanks to some of your responses and some intensive research. I'll have some marker work up later this week.

Inspired,

TJ Vaninetti

post-25658-13819325592112_thumb.jpg

The pace is really picking up. With the major surfaces of the model mapped out on the tape drawing, I got the go ahead to build the base and buck (support) for the model. By next Wednesday, the overall volume of the model should be apparent in clay, so this leaves be about 30 hours of work. Fun! Here is a marker sketch that closer represents my vision for this little Klipsch-mobile.

Inspired,

TJ Vaninetti

Also, I am in the process of naming this Klipsch commuter car. The keywords I finally settled on were Purposeful, Dynamic, and Precise. With that in mind as well as some of the sketches you've seen, I'd like to hear what you would like to hear it called... I'll let you know later next week on what I have in mind, but It'd be great to hear what you have to say...

post-25658-13819325743032_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This week is midterms week. Here is a photo taken on friday of last week of the clay model. Lots of work will be executed between now and Wednesday to get the major surfaces mapped out, so wish me luck! I'll produce some sketches by this day as will and will try to post them later on in the week.

TJ Vaninetti

post-25658-13819326152626_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Klipsch Enthusiasts!

I apologize for not posting as often as I had before, though the past couple of weeks have been rather busy. Here is a picture of the clay model, nearly finished. I still need to clean the surfaces, place my cut lines and graphical elements, as well as chamfer and indicate the recess for the side circular element. By the end of tomorrow, the clay model will be in Bin (a sealer, the step before primer) and hopefully primer as well. I'd rather show you my color selection then tell you, so stay tuned...

Busy and lovin it,

TJ Vaninetti

post-25658-13819330367594_thumb.jpg

Here is a photo of the clay model in BIN primer sealer. The circular elements will be added once the model is primed, and paint should occur next week sometime, while I finalize the surfaces and fine tune the highlights.

Any comments, now that the final shape is finished?

Inspired and busy,

TJ Vaninetti

post-25658-13819330540406_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The model is complete, now all the flatwork remains. I will post all the new photos in a new blog, once I give my final presentation on Wednesday. Wish me luck.

Here is a teaser of what's to come. ;)

TJ Vaninetti

I nearly forgotten about this! That is looking sweet! Would be cool to see this displayed at the "Pilgramage".

Still looking forward to seeing the "final" design. It seems you are hitting the idea pretty good, thus I had no real additional comments on it. Figure by the time you got to modelling it, you pretty much had what you needed to run with the design. Going back a few months, the "classic lines" does fit well with the "Klipsch" idea.

Hello there fellow Klipsch-o-philes.

My sincerest apologies about prolonging the unveiling of the Klipsch Live. Rent and a fractured patella have been difficult to make/take care of. I'll post my final portfolio tomorrow or Thursday in a new post, so keep you're eyes peeled....

Stoked,

TJ Vaninetti

• 2 months later...