New Amp for My Lascala's

NJbob

This past weekend I scored a Fisher X-100... Big suprise when I hooked it up. Blew me away. This thing pounded my speakers, better than my ST70 and bottlehead preamp (I'm thiking my Bottlehead is a weak link). Anyway I have been playing all around all weekend with it and love it. It does have a problem, the left channel has lower gain, I went and swapped all the tubes (2 at a time, right to left) and no change. Are any of you techies that can help me. I'm pretty sure that it's Old coupling caps or the Volume Pot. I did try and use the balance control (Hard as a rock to turn) no difference, also the more you turn it up the more pronounce the problem is. If i turn the Bass and Treble up to 3-oclock on the left channel it evens out. The only new cap is a Quad can (This amp has no noticable hum)

So can anyone help me? Anyone offer opinions on this amp (Mine is its great)

Thanks

Bob

And you also swapped speaker connections as well as source connections just to rule them out as well as checking to make sure one of the speakers connections are not reveresed?

Good Luck with your Fisher,the X100 was my intro into the tube world. I thought it was sweet,until it broke. I ended up buying a Scott and sent the Fisher to Craig to fix and resell. There are times I wish I'd kept it.

Larry

Hey Larry I bet there also times you are glad you got the Scott. LOL!!!!!

Jay

Right now I have four amps and would rather tune up the fisher.

FI x 2a3 - Great sound not enough headroom

Dynaco ST70 (I'm putting in the VTA board next week) - Plenty of power nice sound

Fisher X-100 - Killed the stock st70 realy brought out the best in the speakers so far (But I think the Preamp with the st70 was weak link) after I do the upgrade I will try another preamp.

Oddessey Mono amps (High current SS beast's with great bass) I have not tried this amp yet on the lascala's yet maybe over the weekend