For Sale: Klipsch THX Ultra 2 subs

jzoz01

I have two of the Klipsch THX Ultra 2 subs with one amp. Purchased new from directly from Klipsch in December '04. I have all invoices and packing slips from Klipsch. I have the orignal boxes and packaging, but we got some water in the basement and the boxes got wet on the bottom (speakers were thankfully all upstairs in the living room). Local sale would be prefered, but I can rebox and put on a palet if shipping is nescessary. MSRP for 2 subs + amp is $3,900, asking $2,300 or best offer.

Also selling a pair of black RS-7 surrounds, mint, with boxes, for $500 obo, and a mint RC-7 in cherry for $500.

Located in MN

jzoz01@gmail.com or 952-457-1481 (cell)

• 2 weeks later...

I have two of the Klipsch THX Ultra 2 subs with one amp. Purchased new from directly from Klipsch in December '04. I have all invoices and packing slips from Klipsch. I have the orignal boxes and packaging, but we got some water in the basement and the boxes got wet on the bottom (speakers were thankfully all upstairs in the living room). Local sale would be prefered, but I can rebox and put on a palet if shipping is nescessary. MSRP for 2 subs + amp is $3,900, asking $2,300 or best offer.

Also selling a pair of black RS-7 surrounds, mint, with boxes, for $500 obo, and a mint RC-7 in cherry for $500.

Located in MN

jzoz01@gmail.com or 952-457-1481 (cell)

I am interested in your RS-7s, I sent you a PM as well.

• 3 weeks later...

why are you selling them did you not like them

I like them a lot actually. I recently my RF7s to the bedroom and put my Matrin Logans in he theater room. I'm in the process of selling the Ref7 setup and buying ML center, rears, and sub.

• 3 weeks later...

why are you selling them did you not like them

I like them a lot actually. I recently my RF7s to the bedroom and put my Matrin Logans in he theater room. I'm in the process of selling the Ref7 setup and buying ML center, rears, and sub.

What??? No more Klipsch? [:'(]

I've been running the Ascent I speakers for a couple months now and am very impressed. There is a level of detail that the RF-7s just couldn't touch. They do somewhat lack the slam that the RF-7s had though and are no where even as close to as loud.

Electrostatic ,planar and any kind of well designed ribbon will ...outclass ...compression drivers or classic dynamic drivers in midrange up.

Plus there is no compression due to the lack of rear chamber.

For some uses compression drivers loaded with horns beat the electrostatics,in other uses the reverse is true.