Can't get onto forums

Coytee

I've got a friend who lives in Atlanta and recently registered on the forum.

He's just now informed me that he can NOT get onto the forum when he's at home but he can while he's at work.

for NOW, that's all I know. I just sent him an email asking if he gets any errors or if he can get onto www.klipsch.com So far he's not had time to respond.

So, I'm just curious if there is anything to look for on his pc that might be a reasonable starting point preventing him from getting BACK on the forums (he has been here before on this pc)

I asked him if his wife put a child lock on his pc... I don't think he liked my humor.

[;)]

Mark: Id guess Win XP but Im not sure. Ive got an email to him right now and I await his response

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Pauln: I made that comment to him, no idea yet if it worked, or if hes had time to try.

Mike: Cant get on forum as I understand it means he can not access the forum in ANY manor. He can not view it nor can he log in. I do not know for SURE if thats what he meant to say so Ill ask him to clarify. He DID say he could view the Klipsch site, just not the forum.

There is alot of times I can't get on the forum............first trick I try, I go www.audioclassics.com and go to their links section, and punch up Klipsch.com, to see if the link is down or if i can get on through that link...............Alot of times it indicates I can't get on due to error, punch it up again, and I'm on...............it's crazy sometimes......seems to be down more than up and running....................

There should be no reason why anyone would be unable to access the forums unless they're IP banned. Without more information, My WAG is that the forum may have been unresponsive when your friend first attempted to access it. Either that, or like you suggested there are possible issues on the client (his) end causing problems with him accessing it. This could be web "nanny" programs, or some issue with the local ISP.

There are various issues with the forum displaying and features working correctly in Safari browsers on MacOS, however there are no operating systems or browsers that would cause the forum to not display at all...to my knowledge...not any major ones anyway.

However if he accessed the forum at home and registered an account, it clearly worked before. It might not be a bad idea for him to clear his cookies from his browser, just in case there is some problem related to that.

If you get any more specific information as to what exactly his problem may be (or if he can respond from work or something) please let Me, Webmaster, or Amy know and we'll try to help.