Colter's latest acquisition

DizRotus

As this is being typed I'm enjoying Kind of Blue from Michael's commercial Heresies recently scored from eBay. As the seller is within 30 minutes of me, it was a pleasure to draft my teenage son to chauffer me (he needs seat time on a learners permit) to collect Michaels speakers.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They appear to be in fine condition and work fine. The only newer Heresies I'd ever heard were the H-3s that Picky won at the Pilgrimage and those were hanging from the wall in his garage. I'd never heard vented commercial Heresies before. Since I already sold my H-1s to Michael, Im unable to make a direct comparison. To these aging ears, and based on memory, they sound much like the H-1s, but with a bit more bass.

Tomorrow Ill place them in the Cornwall Vault for safe storage until they can make their way to Indy.

These sound very good. If I'd never listened to La Scalas, Cornwalls or Klipschorns, these would be completely satisfactory. They seem to image better than the H-1s I sold to Michael, but that's based on memory which is always questionable because . . . I forget why.

Compared to my single driver RS 40-1197 rear horns, they're more like live music; they have a bigger sound. On the other hand, they don't image as well as the single drivers and they tend to make vocalist and instruments appear larger than they do with the SDs. Each type has its strengths ans weaknesses.

As Dr. Who says, theyre virtually indestructible. Dont tell Michael C., but one of them fell out of the car when my son tried something hed seen in a cartoon. It bounced twice before that semi hit it. It still plays and you can hardly tell it was ejected, but if you hold it up to a mirror you can faintly read Peterbilt on the side of the cabinet.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Look at the metal reinforcment around those dudes, looks like they could take a beating............and they look to be in pretty darned good shape too.

Dumb computer.........

Actually those are just the hard plastic corner protectors like my 201's have. If you want 'heavy metal' you gotta go for the dinosaurs.

post-10755-13819325625732_thumb.jpg

Michael- <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Your industrial Heresies are safe inside the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall vault. That being accomplished, someone will probably need the vault this week.

My brother might be making a trip to Indy in the near future. If we haven't made other arrangements before then, I'll try to sneak your speakers into his car.