What subwoofer should I use with my RB75's

pmardis2

I am in the prcess of building a dedicated HT room in my basement. I cuurently have 2 RB75's, 1 RC7, 2 RS25 in which I will be replacing with RS52's. The sub that in using now is a Synergy SW12. The room will be 11 x 19 and the projector will be a Sony VW50 1080P projector with a Steward 96 screen. My current equipment is a Sony KP-57HW40 Rear Projection TV, Denon 2802, Sony SATHD200 receiver, Sony C222ES 5-disk SACD player. Sony DVP-NS700P DVD Player and Mushubishi HS-U778 VCR player. Theonly thing moving to the basement room is the speakers and CD player. I will be purchasing a Pioneer VSX82TX receiver, Pioneer BDPHD1 blu-ray DVD player. Im not sure what sub will work best in this setup. I did have my eye on the Klipsch RW12D.

Most musical content is above 25hz,where the larger Klipsch subs do great. A few movies have fake bass,even the most capable SVS cannot touch. Also anyone shopping SVS can check out HSU.

In the musical and very deep you have ACI subs,sell direct like SVS and HSU.

And anyone looking for the reference quality sub you have JL Audio's Fathom subs and the Velodyne DD series.

Ear. perhaps you should simply post a thread with your rankings of the subs, as this thread category seems to have become a seemingly never ending sequence of repetitive "Which sub should I buy?" queries.

Then at least you would have a link to which you can simply point with perhaps a couple of qualifying statements.

[:P][;)]

Good idea,but you know what will come next....doubters who live off bugging me will demand pics,proof of purchae and me with my subs in a big picture.

Well I will say this much...any doubter who has the guts better call Radio St-Hubert 514-276-1413 and ask if TheEAR has purchased dozens upon dozens of subs. Ask any salesman there and tyhe boss too.

Problem: One man's opinion...

Joe Smith's trash is John Doe's treasure.

There is a thing called common sense,ability to judge and good taste. The ranking of sound and built quality cannot place treasure below trash,no matter how you look at it if sanity remains.

Would anyone on this forum rank the RSW15 below the KSW15? Only a joker looking for attention or the one they call "Zissou" and who loves to sink threads and have the mods lock them up. [:o]

Now where it gets more serious how would you rank the RSW15 in relation to the RT-12d! Ha this one is a bit less obvious to the average ear. Now considering the linearity and integration capabilities the RT-12d is superior to the RSW15 in the grand picture,linearity also improves the SQ overall. Some will argue the RSW15 is tighter and has more punch,yes it sound like it when you run a few freq.tests you can clearly see it is peaky and it has a bump in the bass region.But I have three RSW subs and these "faults" I like them.And would not exchange them for the RT subs,have these too so...ha.

Also following the ranking anyone seriously into audio will audition the products and use his own two trusty ears.As opinions can lead to disapointment if taken as pure facts.