You may want to do this (If you have carpet)

tommyboy

.....i agree that different materials under a sub can make a difference. for another tweak try parts express spikes then a cheap 1-1/2" thick concrete stepping stone from your nearest home store and see what you think, that's where the biggest difference was for me.

.....i agree that different materials under a sub can make a difference. for another tweak try parts express spikes then a cheap 1-1/2" thick concrete stepping stone from your nearest home store and see what you think, that's where the biggest difference was for me.

I don't know if the wifey would want a concrete slab in our living room though! She was a little upset about the wood. I snuck it in when she wasn't home. It took her about 2 days to notice it, and she wasn't too happy. But she'll get over it!

funny thing is, I have wood floors and had to put carpet under my RSW-10d just to keep it from walking all over the floor.

I didnt really notice any sound difference though

You can use shelf/cabinet contact liner if you want, the rubbery stuff.

Cover it with matching carpet. [;)]

But wouldn't that sorta defy the whole purpose of putting something solid under it in the first place? I mean, there's concrete under the carpet, right? Or would that still work?

Tommy I was just funnin ya. [:D]

What kind of spikes? How long? 1", 2"?

...the spikes from http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=25 are about one and a half inches tall and one inch around. doesn't really matter they all do the same thing.......the biggest difference for me is when I put the round slab under it and to look decent .........painted flat black.

I don't know if the wifey would want a concrete slab in our living room though! She was a little upset about the wood. I snuck it in when she wasn't home. It took her about 2 days to notice it, and she wasn't too happy. But she'll get over it!

goto a kitchen cabinet place that does marble or granite tops. You might be able to get a nice slab for little to no money (think of the fact they throw away the sink part of the counter which should be the size. WAF goes way up with marble or granite.

• Moderators

Or just do what you said , Let her get over it !

If that's the only thing she has to whine about you are doing better than most ! [Y] They have to whine about something or they will explode , it's a fact !

I can say that , my wife never reads in the sub section ! [:D]

we're loyal..... now I would like a set of forte to keep my loyalty!

Well, DTEL, you didnt seem too thrilled about handing out Forte's, so I dropped DTEL's wife a PM. I told her to check out this post. She told me not only is going to have a word with you, but I can have all your gear as a gift for letting her know![;)]