Harman Kardon Award Series FA 30 XK

Tarheel

Can anyone give me any information on the above mentioned receiver? I didn't need it but my alter ego took control and bought it. You can see it on Audiogon under Integrated tubes. I don't know what I will do with it as I already have horn monos and preamp. But it is so pretty I couldn't help myself. The owner uses it in his office and states that the condition is mint.

Secondly....is there a 12 step program for compulsive buyers?

Chuck

Tarheel, you could be on the way to a serious addiction, unfortunately you are not likely to get much help here, only further encouragement to spend. This can now only get worse, i see Marantz in your future purchases. Do not despair, for what it is worth i have never heard a H/K that i did not like, my sickness has taken me to fifteen so far, and no sign of it getting better. As a fellow addict i can only offer my support, CALL ME should this urge ever re-appear and i will happily try to out-bid any auction you are trying to win. Got to go, i've three auctions ending soon on eBay.[;)]

Oldenough.....are you saying you will be my 12 step sponsor and I can call you when I am tempted to buy. I guess I will have to say something like "my name is Chuck and I am an electronaholic" when I call[;)]

Thanks for the sponsorship....I should mention I have my eye on a Roksan 5 tt on Audiogon.

Chuck

OB.....I might have to make that trip one day....but I am pretty much of a home body. I travel during the week....just day trips but I still do 40,000 miles per year. When I am home I just like to be here. Thanks for the offer of help with my equipment addiction....sometimes I have to remind myself.....its the music not the equipment.

Hopefully Craig will get your Scott off Monday so we can here about it next weekend.

Watching Carolina/Duke with one eye as we chat. 23-14 Heels.

Chuck

• 11 years later...

Old thread alert.  I actually stumbled on this thread while doing a google search on the HK FA 30XK.

I hooked the HK up to the Spatial M3 (Turbo S version) yesterday and my what a pleasing sound.  There is not a lot of info on this receiver from the early 60s but a kit form is still offered from Audio Classics.  Rich, almost 3D like sound on John Lee Hooker's Chill Out album.  Going to be listening more this afternoon.