Roy the "Bad Cowboy" your help is needed

rigma

Roy,

Could you look at the photos I just posted at the bottom of www.jubilation.ws showing the 402 mounted on the bass bin? I want to set the 402 back so it does not overhang the bass bin exits.

I am a little concerned about reflections off the top of the bass bin and would like your opinion. It is kind of hard to see but what I am doing is making another full size top plate to seal the woofer access but extending it froward by 1/4" to give some dimensional effect. Those edges and the top lip that will show on the bass bin will be Rosewood. I also placed a beveled piece simulating what the picture frame for the 402 may look like. I could bevel it or put something like a 1/2 radius and maybe 1/2" thick hoping to avoid any reflections off it.

Again I would like your input and/or ideas. Input from all not just Roy would be appreciated!

rigma

the polars of the horn in the vertical start to lose control at about 500-600 hz so even at about 400 hz, the coverage is not wide enough to send any appreciable energy to reflect off that part that sticks out although, i would minimize it as much as possible.

very impressive and very very very very good looking and purty!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Roy,

My assumption is that the K-31 are connected in parallel, am I correct?

rigma

correct. so when you going to blow thru them puppies?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

ps ignore deano......he's going thru jubilitus expectantnous verisoonous....

No predictions but they are getting closer. I won't get to work on them again till Monday evening. deno will be OK soon!

rigma

by the way deano......guess what i saw being cut on our cnc today?

Parrot's neck?

SQUAAAWK...... CHEEP CHIRP

OK sorry Paul I found it funny....

That's one of your better posts in a while Indy! Thanks for the chuckle.

How about a contest? How many friggin wood screws are in those Jubilees?

And how on earth did you get those bizarre big pieces of horn glued up with just the beveled edge and two stand-off blocks? Did you use biscuit joinery or ???/

by the way deano......guess what i saw being cut on our cnc today?

Parrot's neck?

SQUAAAWK...... CHEEP CHIRP

OK sorry Paul I found it funny....

That's one of your better posts in a while Indy! Thanks for the chuckle.

How about a contest? How many friggin wood screws are in those Jubilees?

And how on earth did you get those bizarre big pieces of horn glued up with just the beveled edge and two stand-off blocks? Did you use biscuit joinery or ???/

Too many screws to count.

About half way down the page at www.jubilation.ws you will see orange straps which I used to pull the panels up snug. I used epoxy on all those type joints. When the straps are tight, use clamps at the ends and you screw the panels to the stand-off blocks it makes a nice joint.