Deleted threads, would this be possible Webmaster?

russ69

Webmaster,

I guess I've been "lucky" and had a couple of the threads I participated in deleted. It's frustrating to express your thoughts and then find the thread deleted. I was wondering if it would be possible to just delete the offending post/user and leave the non-objectionable posts in place, then maybe lock the thread if you need to? It would be helpful to at least see where things went hideously wrong!

Thanx, Russ

I'm not the webmaster, not yet anyway, but I'll answer. Yes, individual posts can be deleted out of a thread. When an entire thread is deleted, it is usually because it is quick and easy to do it all at once but time-consuming to read a multi-page thread and make judgment calls. The other reason is a moderator decision that the entire thread is not relevant to Klipsch.

• Moderators

Russ,

I don't know if you are referring to the thead last night, but if you are I had a couple of thoughts. I wrote a great deal on that thread, and I can understand about taking the time to express yourself only to have it be deleated. However, in the case of the one from last night, I am glad to see the whole thing removed. That is because the thing went wrong from the first post, the poster was just trying to bait people into a rant. There was nothing informative about his post, nor was he seeking information. He simply could have added a reply to one of his previous two or three original posts, but he chose to create another one to highlight it in the hopes of bringing out those who decided long ago he wasn't worth the effort. I agree that threads that start off with good intentions, but get off track into personal attacks would be nice to salvage. However, all of his posts were clearly started with only one purpose, to start a fight.

I am glad he is gone, I am glad the thread is gone, and personally, if it is not possible to delete just the poster (because he might be the originall poster for example) I for one would rather have the whole thing gone then to have any reminder of a person's shallow existence lingering around.

Travis

Russ,

I don't know if you are referring to the thead last night, but if you are I had a couple of thoughts. I wrote a great deal on that thread, and I can understand about taking the time to express yourself only to have it be deleated. However, in the case of the one from last night, I am glad to see the whole thing removed. That is because the thing went wrong from the first post, the poster was just trying to bait people into a rant. There was nothing informative about his post, nor was he seeking information. He simply could have added a reply to one of his previous two or three original posts, but he chose to create another one to highlight it in the hopes of bringing out those who decided long ago he wasn't worth the effort. I agree that threads that start off with good intentions, but get off track into personal attacks would be nice to salvage. However, all of his posts were clearly started with only one purpose, to start a fight.

I am glad he is gone, I am glad the thread is gone, and personally, if it is not possible to delete just the poster (because he might be the originall poster for example) I for one would rather have the whole thing gone then to have any reminder of a person's shallow existence lingering around.

Travis

Hey Travis I agree with you, and that is exactly why I did not participate in that thread. With just a little reading and thought you could see where that thread was going. We have seen that before, and will more than likely see it again from someone. When you think that the thread is going to be locked or deleted, why post this is just my opinion.

Jay

Not sure what it would achieve. I would imagine the remaining posts would be extremely difficult to follow where they are in response to items that have been deleted.

DWI - I read your deleted posts as it happens so all was not lost. It was a very good post.

One thing - if you really want to save what you write for posterity then you can always copy and paste it into word and save it there.

Actually - as I repeat myself so many times on this forum that might be a very good idea anyway.

• Klipsch Employees

First, If you want answers to questions like this. Send an email to me or Amy. One of use deleted the post.

We both deleted one yestarday.

Which one are you talking about?

We still have the threads. They are just put where only the admin can see them.

• Klipsch Employees

both were deleted due to the words used.

DON'T USE WORDS YOU COULD NOT USE IN COURT OR WITH YOUR MOM OR LITTLE GIRL.

The post I deleted was named UN _uc_ ing belivable, or something like that.

The other call detel's wife bad names.

• Moderators

I usually do not delete entire threads unless the offensive posts becomes so ingrained in the thread that simply removing it would create even more confusion and conversation (references, quotes, responses, etc). The deleted one yesterday had a couple ok posts in the beginning, then took a dive for the next several pages. Picking and chosing things to delete is not something I want to spend my time on.

If there's something you want me to retrieve and send to you, I will be happy to do so.

Thanks!