RF-3(II) power handling - which is it??

Dome

Dome,

It 's a great receiver. I did have the chance to test a 696 for DPL II, but still got the 676. DPL II was not worth the upgrade. I also didn't like the bass/Treble pots on the front. The 676 does this digital. Not that I use it, it is always set neutral, but I don't like bass/Treble button's on any amp.

I have just one problem with the receiver. The remote just won't let me program the function of my Thomson RPTV.

cwm25.gif

WOW, did you notice: I became crazy poster !!!!!

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3 tFTP

Rear: RF-3 tFTP

Center: RC-3 tFTP

I ran 500 watts at full volume through my 81 vintage Heresys years ago (though for only long enough to really piss off everyone on my dorm floor). I still use them. I did replace a squawker diaphram years later.

My point is, I think Klipsch is conservative with its power handling ratings. I wouldn't want to chance much over 200 watts at full volume. If you make sure it is clean power and a clean sound source, you can get away with a lot.

500 watts at "full volume" is very relative

You would have to have output meters and see the actual power delivered to be 500W.With 500W RMS sustained I guarantee your speakers would be roasted(unless you listen to a certain freq. then yes most speakers can take HUGE wattage).

500W on peaks,yeas sir.This should not damage the speakers.

TheEAR(s) Now theears