AKFest07 fast approaching

Parrot

oh wow, turns out I'll be in the area that weekend anyway! I suppose it might be fun to swing by for a bit.

I've never been to AKFest before though....is it kinda like the Klipsch Pilgrimage mixers? A bunch of people show up with gear and show it off all day Friday/Saturday?

AK is at the top of an older Howard Johnsons hotel at Northland on the west side of Detroit one of the origonal "malls" we have all come to despise in small ways. Hotel clears out all the sleep related furniture and it makes an Ok room on the long wall.

You have acess to maybe 20+ rooms of different audio stuff. Craig is the major horn & tube dude but other genres of audio equipment are really well done. There are several rooms that have serious amounts of expensive equipment in them.

A bit of horse trading is known to go on for equipment. I got an NAD integrated amp and matching tuner in pristine condition for $ 120 2 years ago. Looks nice in my daughters room.

Fun discussions and nice equipment to see. There are few settings like this in the midwest to see enthusiasts go nuts for a weekend.

Hmmmm Flynn.......so it sounds like a bunch of teetotalers to me?

Of what, harsh language and threatening posture? You bonehead, I'd rather put up with you and Paul then I what I have to deal with on that weekend.

That indicates a character flaw of some sort. $chit, I resemble that remark.

Pirahna;

I am only in for Saturday PM and Sunday. There will be beer. Craig has to make a decision on the Crown Royal. Liter or half gallon. [<:o)]

Hey Paul, Its going to be hard as heck sitting here at work whilst my Klipsch bruddas are yucking it up in Detroit.... I hope you guys taks pic's.

Tom has, got airline tickets purchased and I don't think he knows if he is going to make it..... bummer.....