Add-a-sub

TheCrypt

Thats a pretty decent budget. How big is the cabinet under the TV? I don't know if it will fit or not, but if you want to stick with Klipsch, then go with the RSW15. If not Klipsch, look at SVS. The PB12 ultra sells for about 1200 bucks. That's one bad a$$ sub too. You could get two of them for 2.5K. Again, I don't know if these subs will fit in your cabinet or not. Here's a link to the SVS.

http://svsound.com/products-sub-box-ultra1.cfm

Great! It's too bad I'll have to wait for them to be in stock. [:'(]

Another problem. I have a pretty weak audio system for the TV right now. I know it has a aubwoofer output...but that would be pointless to put $2500 of subwoofers on a cheap $100 shelf system...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Specifications-of-Sharp-Shelf-System-XL-UH240/sem/rpsm/oid/144805/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

Do you think I should get a stereo pre-amp, amplifier, and some nice speakers to go along with the SVS?

Hey I don't want it to sound dull and boring while I'm watching TV (or a movie) while eating!!

It's ~20x12x11. I figure I could spend maybe 2.5k? I want to try and fit it in the cabinet under the TV, if possible. Much thanks!

You want to spend 2.5k on a "Kitchen" sub, and jam it into the cupboards?

Ohhh my....

The rattles alone will ruin any added sound improvements. (not to mention broken china)

my 2 cents....

Great! It's too bad I'll have to wait for them to be in stock. [:'(]

Another problem. I have a pretty weak audio system for the TV right now. I know it has a aubwoofer output...but that would be pointless to put $2500 of subwoofers on a cheap $100 shelf system...

Oh my...... A $2500 sub for a $100 system?

And you asked with a straight face[*-)]

I know this could very well be a prank.I wanted to sneak in a post. [8-)]

The I have a $50 rmini system and am looking for a JL Audio GOTHAM ot TC Sound TheBEAST is as honnest as a homeless looking to buy a Maybach. [:P]

Hello my name is John Doe and I am looking to add a Krell MRA quintet to complement my HTIB purchased for $99 at Worst Buy.

Haha yeah you're right I AM going to add a sub in the kitchen down the road, but I'm not spending 2.5 grand on it...that's insane! I instead bought a Outlaw Audio stereo receiver and a pair of Paradigm Studio 40s which sounds (and looks) SO MUCH better. I'm really happy and now the sound matches the picture. I just stuck the receiver in the cabinet above the microwave and ran the speaker wire to the TV, Set it up, problem solved. [:D]