Sometimes it Pays to Wait

customsteve01

Well I did it. I finally bought a new TV. BestBuy had the Sony TV that I have been looking at for about a year on sale. I got the Sony SXRD 55" rear projection TV for $1899.00.

The bad news is it is sitting in the box in my bedroom for the next week and a half. I had to come back to work today thru Saturday and then the new entertainment center wont be here till next Tuesday and then I have to do some major housr rearanging to get it in the livingroom. And it will probably be 3 weeks or more to get DirecTV out to put in the new HD antenna and control box.

So I hope to be watching HD within 4 weeks. I can not wait. Anyone that wants to move furniture next week give me a call, I'll suplly the beer and food.

Steve

Well I did it. I finally bought a new TV. BestBuy had the Sony TV that I have been looking at for about a year on sale. I got the Sony SXRD 55" rear projection TV for $1899.00.

The bad news is it is sitting in the box in my bedroom for the next week and a half. I had to come back to work today thru Saturday and then the new entertainment center wont be here till next Tuesday and then I have to do some major housr rearanging to get it in the livingroom. And it will probably be 3 weeks or more to get DirecTV out to put in the new HD antenna and control box.

So I hope to be watching HD within 4 weeks. I can not wait. Anyone that wants to move furniture next week give me a call, I'll suplly the beer and food.

Steve

Congratulations!

All good things come to those who wait............................................ And believe me, HD is a good thing! [<:o)]

Two comments, one: did you consider Dishnetwork (lots more programming)? and two: you are getting their new box that support MPEG 4 (H20)?

I prefer the video quality of DN. I started with Directv but the two factors I alluded to earlier made me switch.

I really haven't looked at Dish Network at all. I have had DirecTV for so long and have been happy with it I had not even thought about changing. The new box that DirecTV has does support MPEG 4. Also, whether or not this is true or not, but DirecTV says that they are launching 2 new satilites this summer that will let them offer more HD programming than anyone else. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I think I will venture over to Dish Networks web site and see what they have to offer. Might give me some bargoning power with DirecTV. It seems that all the cable and satilite companies are more interested in what they can do for the new customer and not give the same deals to there existing costomers.

I am looking forward to getting this TV up and running but I know its going to be a while.

Steve

Steve

Congrats!! But how much did it really cost, after reading all of that?[;)]

Don't Ask........[:#]

The only other expiences are the TV stand $750.00 and what ever it will cost to get the satilite service switched to HD.

That is if you don't count the cost of the new kitchen and bathroom cabinets that we bought to accomodate moving one of the entertainment centers upstairs.[:^)]

Steve

You will love it! My best friend got the 60" and we watched the Superbowl in HD. He switched it over to Finding Nemo in HD from a HD channel and the colors and detail where fantastic!

This time next year I may get the 50" .

ENJOY!

Don't Ask........[:#]

The only other expiences are the TV stand $750.00 and what ever it will cost to get the satilite service switched to HD.

That is if you don't count the cost of the new kitchen and bathroom cabinets that we bought to accomodate moving one of the entertainment centers upstairs.[:^)]

Steve

It Counts!

Steve

How is the Wife taking all this "Stuff" sitting around, unorganized?///////////// (you knew, someone would ask!)

Yes it sure pays to wait sometimes! I won't be updgrading to high def anytime soon though, until there is a lot more HD content on Starchoice. There are also talks of going to MPEG 4 and also 8psk modulation because of the bandwidth allocations. I would find out if the receiver you are getting is future proof! It would suck to have to replace it in a year or two....

Bill,

With the kitchen / 1/2 bath renovation going on our house has been far from organized in the past fer months. now that that project is pretty much complete its alot better and the TV is sitting in the box in our bedroom and I am out of town[;)] so I am not able to make it any better. I will get home Sunday afternoon, but the TV stand wont be in till sometime Tuesday. My neighbor already said he would help move everything around. So I am hopeing by Tuesday night I have it up and running, it may not be HD but I will be watching a really cool bigscreen. Going from 32" to 55" will take some getting used to.

Steve

• 1 month later...