Anyone knows the attenuation of the TA3 in the AL network?

lorcoll

I vote for -6db at 4X impeadance multiplication.  It has a tap number of 3, which suggest to me that it is a stripped down version of the T2A....just does not have the tap 4 and tap 2.

Really, I hate to make any flat statements about the AL crossover, because the AL is not just one thing.  I have seen at least 3 different versions that were all different.  I am not talking about the AL-2 and AL-3.  There are at least three versions labeled just AL.  

Anyway, the set of AL crossovers I have does not match the schematic I have, and the autotransformer is labeled 3465 instead of T3A.  I have measured the atteuation on this 3465 and it is 6 db.  I have no idea if that is the same as a T3A or not.  By the way, the 3465 is huge.  Probably weighs twice what the T2A weighs.

Bob Crites

Great Bob, that is what I need (and hoped).

So, the 3465 (probably the T3A) is 6db like the T5A in the AK2 (according to Steve P at Klipsch).

It's very interesting for me that am building an AK2 (great only for me) starting from a bad AL type. The AK2 has the maximum squawker attenuation among all the Klipsch networks.

Finally I know the only way to convert the AL type - I already have the 4mH inductors, the 140uf and the 5uf (5+8=13uf) caps to add in the circuit .

The tweeter circuit is sonically perfect (the same in the AK, AK2 and AK3).

Many thanks. This Forum is really fantastic.