What DON'T you like about your Digital P&S?

I use my Digital Camera like a tool for snap shots and convenience factor is very high . I don't like the quality....I like film color and b&w it just looks better imho. I have recently purchased a 3d stero camera and it has really brought alot of fun back into photography for me as it looks so real....amazing... I only paid $80 for mine on ebay and I had to learn to use a light meter again LOL.... It reminds me of vinyl vs cd.

Hey Colter can I buy B&W slide film anywhere?

Realist_Custom_LE.jpg

I have to agree, the image quality of film still strikes me as superior, even when you're not talking about blowing up images. The one thing I am quickly learning to adore about digital is that I can go out in the evening, shoot 100 pics, and if they're all crap, I know it as soon as they hit the monitor, I didn't have to pay for developing film to see I have one good pic out of 24. (Granted, that may be showing my lack of skills, but nonetheless, it counts for something).

I'm hoping the ability to shoot whily niley will improve my skills, as limited as they are to begin with.

A couple of things to look out for.

Shutter lag sucks- you want the photo taken as close to when you push the button as possible VERY BIG DETAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not all about pixels, the quality of the chip matters.

You want to be able to do a custom white balance sooner or later, get this function if you can.

Onboard flashes are horrible,get a hot shoe or X-sync terminal if you can.

I have to agree, the image quality of film still strikes me as superior, even when you're not talking about blowing up images. The one thing I am quickly learning to adore about digital is that I can go out in the evening, shoot 100 pics, and if they're all crap, I know it as soon as they hit the monitor, I didn't have to pay for developing film to see I have one good pic out of 24. (Granted, that may be showing my lack of skills, but nonetheless, it counts for something).

I'm hoping the ability to shoot whily niley will improve my skills, as limited as they are to begin with.

oh you think professions shoot once and get the best results! [:P] in national geographic, each photo there is atleast 100 pics of the same thing bracketed in high frame shots. The front cover usually is around 1000 pictures of the same thing bracketed just again.... Why do you think many professionals made the switch so early? 36 pictures on a nikon f5 could be done in around 4-5 seconds since its 8fps.

btw nice pictures.

I use my Digital Camera like a tool for snap shots and convenience factor is very high . I don't like the quality....I like film color and b&w it just looks better imho. I have recently purchased a 3d stero camera and it has really brought alot of fun back into photography for me as it looks so real....amazing... I only paid $80 for mine on ebay and I had to learn to use a light meter again LOL.... It reminds me of vinyl vs cd.

Hey Colter can I buy B&W slide film anywhere?

Realist_Custom_LE.jpg

bhphotovideo.com

to technically get apples to apples a 35 mm film is something like 300 megapixels but I think the only one in the 35mm zone that is a full sensor size (24X36 mm) is the canon 16.2 megapixel behemoth.