Jubilee efficiency? 300B SET to PP?

seti

If I remember the discussions about the Jubilee another strength was that it was abit more efficient than any previous heritage design. How efficient is the Jubilee? I seem to have numbers from 107db-110db @ 1w 1m running through my head. This would be the k69/k402 combo. Clarification much appreciated.

The more efficient the speaker the lower the wattage requirements so what kind of flea amps might we see powering the Jubilee in the future an 1/8th of a watt? *kidding guys*

I would actually like to hear MikeTN's PP 2A3 as this was also a favortite tube of PWK back in the day. I do like the SET sound especially the 300B but I would now like to hear a PP 300B. If I liked 300B in SET configuration I would imagine PP would be a real treat for this tube. Has anyone hear had experience with PP 300B amps? If so what amps? I have been looking at the Canary Audio MKII 300B PP.

When considering power requirements keep in mind the EQ boost for the K402 and K510 horns. That raises the power requirements. With the driver I am using (not a Klipsch unit) in theory you need 10x the power to account for the boost.

Having said that I'm running the top end driver with amps that put out 9w (cleanly) and I have no problems.

Shawn

106/107dB with active filters, and a solid 104 with the passives.

Dean, Interesting I was way off on that one it seems to be about the same as the Heritage line with passives.

Rigma, What brand 300B amps and tubes are you running?

Dean, Interesting I was way off on that one it seems to be about the same as the Heritage line with passives.

Rigma, What brand 300B amps and tubes are you running?

The amps are Angela 91 the tubes are EH Gold.

rigma

What frequency is that measured at? Like is the K402 horn 106dB at with 2.83V at 15kHz? Or is it more like 106dB with 20V at 15kHz and 106dB with 2.83V at 1kHz?