Klipsch KG-4 or Klipsch KG-5.2????????????

dkalsi

There are two people locally selling Kplisch KG-4 for $100 and KG-5.2 for $180......

Any one of them worth it. Just thought I ask not too expensive to play around with now.

Please share your thoughts...

I read good stuff about the KG-4 at About.com as one best deal for the buck in used audio...nothing so far about the KG-5.2

I bought a pair of KG 4's for $100, brought them home set them up and A/B them with my Forte II's. The 4's lacked substancially on the high end compared to the Forte's. I know it's not far to compare the two, just my .02.

t

I know, we hooked my old pair about a month ago and we laughed and looked at each other like... 'hey! pretty good".

You MUST go get the KG4s. IDK anything about KG 5.2 but it looks like they only made them for 2 years? Both great prices it seems. I freeked when I saw a local pair of KG4 for $150 but they sold basically instantly and I just missed it. Go for it.

I was able to pick up the KG-4s for $100.

The actually drivers appear to be in perfect condition - She claims she never opened them or over blasted them at loud volumes. The cabinets are in excellent condition except for some paint marks (but no damage to the wood).

The only thing missing was one of the positive terminals for one of the speakers (not the whole terminal but just the red cap) - not a problem because I will use banana plugs

The lady wanted to get rid of them because she claimed they are too big - I found it funny when she asked me if I had enough space for these (its funny if you already have a pair of cornwalls and la scalas).

I'm new to the Klipsch world - my three pairs were bought within the past 2 months... these I bought just because they were only 100 bucks - just to try them out even though I have no use for them.

I will leave feed back one I hook them up.

• 7 months later...

Any suggestions for placement. - In regards to powering them, I will probably be using a Nakamichi TA-4A receiver.

Thanks for your suggestions.

D

Depending on your room you have to play around with how far off the walls they are. The passive woofers in the back can provide incredible bass if placed just right in a corner. If they are too close to a wall they can really mess up the sound. I just set up a home theatre with the KG-4's and added a subwoofer. With the crossovers set right I find that the placement of the KG-4s isn't as much of an issue. The room is filling up, so hopefully the 4's can stay. If not it may be the KG-1s and the 4s go back upstairs!

• 3 months later...

I have found about 10" away from the wall behind it and no less than 8" from the corners if possible

and i recently picked up a set of 2.5 to work in tandem with the 4s and have been crapping my pants ever since

with a powerd sub behind the coutch and a set of bose 701 in the rear been having a lot of fun.

But the 2.5 really complement the 4s i know they were never intended to be used together and purest might say im cray but the over all sound is amazing. you get everything to put it plainly i would suppose i would rate the 4s bythemselves a 6 and the 2.5s a 4 and a scale of one to ten them together with good amplificatoin i would rate the a 11 on the same scale

However placemnt is an issue hope you like your as much as mine

• 2 years later...