Just got back form Garymd's house

whamo

I drove down to Baltimore today and picked up my Music Hall MMF-5 from Gary. We got to listen to both of his systems. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. I'll write more sometime tomorrow right now I'm exhausted after driving 727 miles. Thanx again Gary and Katherine for inviting me into your home. Goodnite all, Mark

Yeah, I'd say so. The thing is I didn't make one wrong turn or get lost once. I have a slight fear of highly populated areas with loads of traffic. Everyone's flying by and they know where they're going and you don't have a clue. I'm lousy with directions.

I just want to say that Mark is a hell of a nice guy and was a pleasure to meet. I wish we had more time to visit but Catherine and I had to take off to visit her ill father.

We had enough time to listen to a few tunes on both systems and I wanted him to hear the TT before he took it home. I played my usual LP selection when new folks come over and I hope I didn't scare him away from jazz permanently when I decided to blast some Art Pepper in his face without ample warning.[:|] Lucky for Mark, Catherine came downstairs after a couple minutes and urged me to durn it down before we went deaf!

I'm glad you made it home safely Mark and you're welcome in our home any time. Thanks again for the gifts! We had a chance to sample one of them around midnight last night and they were delicious!!

- Gary

IThanks again for the gifts! We had a chance to sample one of them around midnight last night and they were delicious!!

- Gary

Wild mushrooms?

Probably not , but I'll bet it was a better gift than the cookbook I gave them when I picked up my center Belle in Oct. 2005 !!!

IThanks again for the gifts! We had a chance to sample one of them around midnight last night and they were delicious!!

- Gary

Wild mushrooms?

Probably not , but I'll bet it was a better gift than the cookbook I gave them when I picked up my center Belle in Oct. 2005 !!!

Hey Willy, we've used that cookbook! All gifts are good gifts.[G][Y]

Hey all, I hooked up the TT Saturday. I had some problems with ground loops. After I figured that out all was well. I listened to a whole mess of lp's for about nine hours. I was grinning like the village idiot! Vinyl does in fact some much more dynamic than cd's . As far as Gary's systems go all I can say is they're top notch. Any one who says tubes lack bass doesn't know what they're talking about. Gary played an Elton John SACD on his Scott 299B and I commented to Gary that he was cheating and had the subwoofer on. That's how nice the bass was on his Cornwalls.