which one would you trade?????

dkalsi

Keep the CW's. You have efficiency with the Khorns for when you want it loud. Thinking of the alternate uses for the other pair, CW's would probably fit better for HT surrounds, and could be used as Large. The CW's would also make a more well-rounded, easy to place, full range 2nd pair for another system.

If you are doing a HT and need a center, either would do just fine.

Keep the CW's.

Michael

Sounds good guys. I am working with Joe to make the exchange sometime next week. In the mean time if any one would like to purchase a pair of La Scalas in the Washington DC, Maryland, VA area, you are more then welcome to come audition and check out the speakers. Hopefully if someone purchases the speakers, Joe wont have to deal with the hassel of selling.

Let me know. I will try to get pictures up as soon as possible.

hello

i am the other half of this deal to those who dont know, i offered up my 77 kcbr horns with alk (580.00) x-overs, and upgraded crites tweets (170.00), and rewired with solid core silver wire (100.00)......................price asked was 1900 on a-gon, & 1800 to forum members but i agreed to deliver them to dkalsi for the total price of 1900.00,i further explained that this type deal of paying a deposit and then balance on delivery..it would have to be no refund as who knows how many sales i may loose if remorse sets in......... he jumped and sent deposit, then a couple days later expressed concern about going thru with the deal. (money issues, like we all have)..........so i offered up options refund all but 150.00 ( to cover expenses with listing 2 times, and cover my losses for the other buyer i lost when dkalsi agreed to this deal and i had already bought parts for my next adventure in speakers in excxess of 300.00 and had agreed to buy 450.00 more, that i would have waited to buy after selling the k-horns ) i then expressed the idea that i would take a partial trade in on the k-horns to ease the money issues buyer was having.....i also offered to allow a couple more weeks for the balance.......my offer was not for me to have another pair of speakers because i dont need them, i have no room for them, i have no use for them. i explained this and stated that i would simply resale the speakers to recoup the balance on the k-horns............ THIS WAS THE BASIS FOR MY OFFERED PRICES ON HIS SPEAKERS..................i was simply trying to help dkalsi make ends meet and get the speakers he expressed he had been wanting for a long time...........the speakers may sale for more on the open market sometimes they do but only to buyers that plan to use them for there oun enjoyment

joe

Which one would you trade? Does anyone else see how eager is that question and how concerning is this whole sale story? Are you guys just winging it or did you work this out before? I'll bet the only thing you have in writting is what has been posted here..

My preference would have been to first establish that 'money issues' would not impact the sale (cash sale), but the sale is in course now, so maybe we should try to untangle the sale before deciding to 'trade' the CW or the LS.

So far it looks like Dkalsi has been led to pay $250 to Joe, none of which applys against a sale balance, just fees and penalties conjured up on the fly by the seller. If I paid a $250 charge for buying an $1800 item I would call that an interest payment of 13.88%. At that rate I would not expect the seller to demand the balance for 24 months - like a credit card.

Didn't anyone explain that with this kind of deal the deposit refund is full return as who knows how many other purchases the buyer may miss if remorse sets in? Or did the seller just conjure up that it must be a no deposit refund on the fly?

How much was the deposit, and now that the "no deposit refund" rule is broken, how much more of the agreement can stay in force?

Does the partial refund (conjured up on the fly by seller with a $150 penalty also conjured up on the fly by the seller) go against the balance due calculated against the total price with or without the delivery fee ($1900 or $1800)? Did the buyer include the expenses and losses for all the other potential CW or LS buyers out there that were lost by agreeing to entertain the seller idea (conjured up on the fly!!!) to liquidate the buyer's speakers?

If either the CW or LS are liquidated by the khorn sellor, what if he sells them for more than their trade cost against the balance? Who gets the profit?

Is the khorn seller going to deduct the reverse delivery fee from the LS/CW sale profit? He is going to charge a reverse delivery fee of $100 to pick them up from the khorn buyer, right? It's the same justification for the original extra $100 for the khorn sale delivery, right? Same justification for charging $100 again if khorns need to be retreived if the sale goes bad, right? Expect to see it - conjured up on the fly...

What if it is decided to return the LS or CW back - what is the restocking fee? What will have been Joe's LS or CW storage fee? What is Dkalsi's khorn storage fee for holding the speakers if Joe ultimately wants them back? (Hint: these will need to be conjured up on the fly!)

pauln

i dont know what provoked you to take a stab at me like this , as i have had absolutely no dealings with you that i recall on the fly or otherwise, but your assumptions are just that assumptions and you know less than nothing about this deal short of what you read hear..............................

if you feel the need to blather on with more ignorance by all means e-mail me or pm me and i will oblidge in private where i can tell you what i really think instead of being discreet............its so easy for people like you to take a stab at some one from behind a key board i wonder if the outcome would be the same face to face

im betting NOT

Joe

If one can't afford something why make an offer to buy ????????? Not siding with either side, but understand about lost sale because you think you have your item sold, other offers, but you say no, because you committed to first buyer, and then the first buyer changes his mind.......personaly, I hate selling things just because of things like that...................Hope it works out guys....

To all,

It's really not that serious. Joe has been kind enough to offer me an option to do a partial trade and has held the offer open for me. I will attempt to sell them my self for a little higher than 1050 (not trying to rip anyone off - just if that is what they are worth to someone). If not I will trade them to Joe next week. I am trying to sell myself to save Joe the hassel of selling. I apologize to Joe for the trouble some sale - I did have the money but unforeseen circumstances came up. Thanks for all your advice everyone. La Scala's anyone - my brother has taken my camera to Aruba and so I can't put up pictures, but I assure you you will not be disappointed with the condition - its more a question of if you want to buy or not.

I don't pretend to understand the details other than two guys trying to be flexible.

btw Joe, I received and opened my second box of LP's and there are some real goodies in there, some Benny Goodman and my man Stan Getz. It was a good value, thanks for sharing your LP loot! [Y]

hey colter glad they came thru of the near 40 boxes i sent out yours was the only 1 i received back and in the condition you saw...............glad there were some goodies in there you liked, i had an offer to buy out another smaller collection that i declined (what a PITA) never again i will only buy collections of music i like and want to keep except for doubles etc....

the deal with dkalsi is a smooth one no harshness at all on my end things come up and i do TRY to be flexable

Joe

pete you friggen slay me, first laugh of the day and i needed it

so how you doing................i saw you were able to sell the bbx and the k-horns and make a little on the deal............just sold the others as im sure you see, moving along to an oris horn system with fostex drivers on top and bottom should be moving up in sensativity when all is said and done............the oris sounds great and the detail is out of this world, cant wait to get the bass bins built, only problem now is to get the top end amps nailed down will either be seotl or sun audio 2a3pp, bottom end will be 150 wpc hypex digital amp...............hoping for the best of both worlds, crystal clear detail of set and the bass of ss/pp (greedy aint i)

do you listen to 45's, to much work for me but i have a few if you listen to them, i will send them your way classic rock mostly also going to have some classic rock lp's comming your way once i go theru them . i was taking the denon off the clear audio when it sold and broke the cantilever so i cant send it your way but i will watch for 1 they show up cheap time to time. keep in touch

thanks buddy

Joe

The transaction with Joe went really smooth. The La Scala are gone and Khorns are here.

Joe gave the speakers a 8/10 rating...he was way way way off....The are much closer to 10 than 8.

I can't not believe I have a pair of 1977 - Khorns with consecutive serial number, ALK crossover, and not even a sigle blemish in my living room. I can not believe the condition of the speakers - they are remarkable!!!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am very happy with the fact that Joe did not let me back out the transaction....I would have shot my self for passing on them had I seen the condition before.

I definately encourage anyone to do business with Joe. Very very trustworthy. And man does he take care of his equipment - I just can not believe how someone has kept a 30 year old speaker absolutely flawless - I mean that had to have been moved sometime.

Sorry I am just very excited. Thanks to all who shared their opinion.

The transaction with Joe went really smooth. The La Scala are gone and Khorns are here.

Joe gave the speakers a 8/10 rating...he was way way way off....The are much closer to 10 than 8.

I can't not believe I have a pair of 1977 - Khorns with consecutive serial number, ALK crossover, and not even a sigle blemish in my living room. I can not believe the condition of the speakers - they are remarkable!!!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am very happy with the fact that Joe did not let me back out the transaction....I would have shot my self for passing on them had I seen the condition before.

I definately encourage anyone to do business with Joe. Very very trustworthy. And man does he take care of his equipment - I just can not believe how someone has kept a 30 year old speaker absolutely flawless - I mean that had to have been moved sometime.

Sorry I am just very excited. Thanks to all who shared their opinion.

[:D] You have ME excited! [:D]

Joe,

Have had anyone to help me take them downstairs yet. But I can't wait to hook them up. My girlfriend was complaining that she can't remember the last time I looked at her the way I look at the speakers now.

Realy! - thank you very much for truly understating the condition of the speakers. Its obviously nice to have a speaker that sounds amazing but its even better when it looks in as good condition as it sounds.

Thanks,

Dhar