Cardas Caps

Mighty Favog

Hey guys! Does anyone have 2 extra Cardas RFI caps for blocking off unused RCA jacks on equipment (preamp, tape deck etc.)? I just got some from Audio Advisor and I really can't see ordering another twelve of them. I'll gladly pay the $3 each they sell for (+ shipping).

Thanks!!

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Monster Power HTS-5000

MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire Speaker cables

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Vibrapods

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

rowoo-

Thanks. I haven't had time to give them (it) a good listening to but I do agree that it does make a certain amount of sense. This preamp has a 20w inboard amp for multi-room applications and their may be some incoming leakage there too. I guess I really do need another set, just have about 6 or 8 left over.

If money and improvements are plentiful enough I may even get some caps for all the XLR inputs/outputs that aren't being used. Boy, if this preamp had XLR connections I'd sure as heck be using those for sure! It's the only major piece in the system that doesn't have 'em.

See ya! And long may your MMF-5 spin.

------------------

Tom

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Power HTS-5000

Vibrapods

Dean,

Do cables sound the same. Definitely not. I started out with 14ga. lampcord wire (ala-Woods Wire) then went to Original Monster 12ga. and now the MITerminator 2's. It is very true that the MIT's do reach a louder volume earlier in the volume control's travel, shame I didn't have the wherewithall to do a before and after measurement with the 830z.

High frequencies no longer sound like a fuzzy hiss but now a sharp and pure "ding" from cymbals and the occasional percussion triangle.

Midrange has a very natural, uninhibited flow for voices now. Most singers in the past sounded, well, rather "nasel"y. Akin to Fran Drescher(?) of "The Nanny".

Bass has reached such low frequecies to make it seem like a note can only be felt and not heard. The biggest and most appriciated improvement is the amount of bass at low volumes. Something I've longed for without getting up from the big comfy chair and kicking up the loudness control a notch or two.

I did have to trade the large spade clips for the small ones though. I thought the large ones would give me more contact area to the binding post. But these things were so close to each other I folded some pieces of news paper tightly and stuck it between the spades to prevent them from grounding to each other.

One DVD I was really looking forward to was "The Dance" from Fleetwood Mac. I think this was recording engineer's greatest opportunity to make something wonderful and they/he/she went down in ball of flames. Mic Fleetwood's floor basses were very single note sounding and drowning out of John McVie's guitar. Lindsey Buckingham's playing wasn't defined enough either. Oh well, maybe their engineers are getting old toocwm7.gif.

I also noticed some high frequency drop outs on a few occasions with some older cd's. I guess thats from the now much higher level of sensativity of the system.

Would I spend this kind of money again for these cables? If I knew what to look for then as I do now I would have done it long ago.

About 67 hours total playing time and counting!!

------------------

Tom

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Power HTS-5000

Vibrapods

This message has been edited by tblasing on 12-15-2001 at 11:36 PM

Dean-

Have you noticed a difference in your upgrade from the 4's to the 2's. I'm guessing it was a bit more subbtle than what I did.

Rowoo-

I'm hoping to give a good demo-critique to the system this coming Friday. The girlfiend is going out of town for a couple of days so I can play whatever, whenever and however loud I want!cwm4.gif

This message has been edited by tblasing on 12-16-2001 at 11:14 PM