EV Variplex 2/3 of a Speaker

BEC

OK, got these things home. Now what do I do with them. They came without the bass units, just the mid-bass and tweeters. Supposed to be good for 300 hz up. Those are two 10 inch cone drivers in the mid-bass horn.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819330531162_thumb.jpg

Are they Variplex XL, or Variplex B?

The XL uses a varient of the DH1 and is tri-amped, the B uses a varient of the DH2 and has a passive crossover for the HF driver, and is bi-amped to the LF.

The B had two of the EV8DH mid-bass driver (8").

Dennis,

The tag says Variplex XL.

I listened to one of them last night just sort of cobbled up to the bass box of one of my Cornscalas.  I think they will sound great once I build a crossover.

Bob

OK, got these things home. Now what do I do with them. They came without the bass units, just the mid-bass and tweeters. Supposed to be good for 300 hz up. Those are two 10 inch cone drivers in the mid-bass horn.

Bob Crites

Don't know what they are, but I do like the looks of them..........

tc

Guest " "

"OK, got these things home. Now what do I do with them. They came without the bass units, just the mid-bass and tweeters. Supposed to be good for 300 hz up. Those are two 10 inch cone drivers in the mid-bass horn"

This is obviously a prototype for a Jubilee top end mod. This will help the Jubilee reach the ceiling.

Bob Crites

Don't know what they are, but I do like the looks of them..........

tc

Terry,

I think I like the EV things. Sort of makes my Cornscala look small though.

Bob

post-9312-13819330734976_thumb.jpg