Members Weekly Music Recommendations-April 24

thebes

Late again but I jammed my hand at work and can barely type so I'll keep it short.

Vienna Symphony, The Musical Magic of Vienna, lp box, popular classical.

Mostly Viennese waltzes. I fyou are in the right mood these are wonderful and uplifting. Superb orchestral recordings.

I'll add more when my hands are working properly.

Haven't played Led Zeppelin since I got the Scott, actually, don't play them much, because they are kinda' special, and I like to sit and listen to the Greatest Band of the 70's, there is so much ground these lads cover, you have to listen to it.........

LED ZEPPELIN....................BOXED SET 2...................CD.............................1993.........

After dropping vinyl, and going CD, I jumped on Led Zep cd's to replace the records, these were early CD releases, and Boy they sucked, noisy, static filled, lousy dynamics, god awful cd's, sorry, I ever bought them.............Gave them a rest, tried them again, just awful, the worst cd's I have ever heard or owned...never played them again.......sold them just to get rid of them.......Well, bought a new CD player, needed something new to play on it, right guys?, the First Led Zep Box set had just come out, so I bought it. I like it alot, so much, that I won't replace the original albums, and this is where the second box set comes in.

The second set cover the songs not on the First Box set, so, you have all the songs on those albums, plus a couple unrealished Gems, over the course of six discs. I for one, have listened to Zep so long, you know the song list of every album, and it becomes boring sometimes knowing what plays next. These disc mix-up the order, so it's like a new album of songs. Most of the songs on here weren't hits, should have been, could have been, but they just didn't get air-play.Alot of Great Led Zep songs, songs you might not listen to, but have to on this disc. A couple of surprises on here too, but you have to find out for yourself. Probably can find this set on sale or even clearance sale, well worth whatever you pay for it. Great remix, I know some will argue that point, I think the remix is perfect, but that's my taste. Oh Yeah, first time on Tubes for me, Oh Boy they sound good....Hey, maybe I should go back and listen to the first Box Set next......Over the Hills and Far away.................

Prince-Buster-King-Of-Bluebeat-354093.jp

When the weather starts to warm up in the south and the rum drinks seem apropriate I turn to the music of the Caribbean. I like the Ska, Rock Steady, Dub, Reggae and Calypso. There is some wonderful music from the Islands starting in the early days of Calypso. This week I have been listening to Prince Buster who holds the title King Of Ska. The Prince Buster discography is full of Ska gems. Prince Buster recorded most of his own songs and the quality is spotty but the music is great. The early eighties saw many bands emulating ska for instance Madnaess named themselves after a Prince Buster song and The Specials hardly had an original song on their albums they borrowed heavily from Prince Buster.

Here are couple of my favorite Prince Buster Songs. He mostly released 45s and EPs.

Jamaica Ska Dog War - Catchy hilarious you put this song on at a party and people are up and moving. It starts out slow and then before you know it there is wailing hollering all out Ska jam taking place....

Sit and Wonder - Down tempo but sweet song about a girl "your in the kitchin dance'n shoulders jerk'n hips aa move'n" but she likes rude boy. This is probably my favorite prince buster song.

Whine and Grind - This is one of the better songs as far as sound quality and is a wonderful dance ska song.

Too Hot - If you live in the south or in one of those melty climates this song is for you and you can tell he grew up without AC. This town is tooo hot...

Judge Dread - Nice little ska song Prince Buster plays the roll of Judge Dread or Judge 100 years and his band answers charges. This is fun you can tell the band is having a blast mocking a judge that liked to give crazy sentences.

Big Five - Pure raunch... If Prince Buster didn't own his own studio this song would not have been recorded. It is not one of my faves but cracks me up here is one of the few lyrics I can post from this song "Today I smoke an ounce of weed tonight I'm gonna plant my seed in her womb alright". This song is censored with sharp guitar cord strums very odd very strange very funny song..

The_prophet.gif

http://www.last.fm/music/Prince+Buster?q=prince+buster