The Last Waltz (The Band)

Coytee

Seems the group The Band did a concert in 1976 and taped it. Then in 1978 they put it together with a documentary on them while showing the concert in between talking points.

It was not taped, but filmed in 35mm. Cost a small fortune to do that. Woodstock was shot in 16mm.

The band has been one of my favorites, ever since Music From Big Pink came out. And the Dukester send me some music of a friend of his, Jim Weider, who played in The Band in later years. Incredible player! I was all smiles.

Bruce

Seems the group The Band did a concert in 1976 and taped it. Then in 1978 they put it together with a documentary on them while showing the concert in between talking points.

It was not taped, but filmed in 35mm. Cost a small fortune to do that. Woodstock was shot in 16mm.

The band has been one of my favorites, ever since Music From Big Pink came out. And the Dukester send me some music of a friend of his, Jim Weider, who played in The Band in later years. Incredible player! I was all smiles.

Bruce

Brucester,

I assume Duke sent you the Jim Weider live club cuts from the PER CoLAToR stuff. Can't imagine where or how he got them, and I was afraid to ask. I just wanted to be sitting in that place about 25' out from the stage!!! SMOKIN!!!!! Sooooo, I found the PER CoLAToR CD. The Maze and Percolator cuts are common to both the live and studio recordings, and they are just too hot. Order the CD. If at least three cuts don't kick you, I will buy the CD back from you. To listen to the same two songs, one live, one studio, you will appreciate his guitar work even more.

Regards,

Terry

PS: If you haven't tried the Mullen tube in your little brick Merlin, do so.[:D]

Terry,

Took forever to get those cuts from him through my mail system. Still don't think I got all of them, and yes, they ARE smokin'! I would have loved to have been there too. Has Duke sent you any of his recordings?

What are talking about with the Merlin? I've pretty much left it the way it came, but am open to some tube rolling. Pickin' up JC's BBX in another week, which will do me in financially, but I couldn't stand to pass it up.

Bruce