TC-1000?

banasikdrummer

Double the motor, double the heat dissipating area ( coil surface ), similar motor strength ( comparing one Db 500 to one tc1k ), larger diameter spider. 800 w pe handling on two woofers, rather than 400 on one 1k. Doubling up on the db 500 gives you more sensitivity than the single 1k....

Modelling the Db 500 12" looks quite fine in a 4 cu ft vented box, I was tempted to buy a pair. 4mm xmax difference is nothing to get worked up about, I assure you you would not be able to tell the difference. Xmech is close, and I would give the edge to the DB 500 with the larger spider as having a better KMS curve.

Also the fact that they are in stock is a good thing, unless you have time to wait for them to get in parts to build up stock for the 15" 1K.[8-|]

banasik drummer, this is OT, but you should put your center above your TV. [:)]

I was going to do that, but I wasn't sure how the RC-7 was sitting on top of a TV. Plus, the setup I have now (the avatar was a picture of the first day I had my speakers and had them in the living room) has the TV a bit higher, which would put the center over my head when listening. Besides, my room is far from optimal speaker setup...