Crites Woofer & Crossover installed

I just finished installing Bob's cast woofer and B-3 crossovers in my '84 Cornwalls. The woofers replaced Electro-Voice EML15's that were installed when I gott he speakers. Wow, now they sound like they should!! Bass is perfect, not boomy but deep and really there when it's supposed to be. No more searching for the low frequencies like I had to with the mis-matched EML's. The new crossovers really brought the tweeters to life as well. I also purchased Bob's tweeters but I'm going to listen to these for a while and get used to them before installing the new ones. Don't want to change to many things at once. The crossovers are beautiful, nice job Bob! I'll post impressions when (if?) I do decide to swap tweeters.

Congrats on your CW's. What I'm understanding is that you have them now at, essentially, factory spec.

I think you are right to listen to the CW's as they are for a while. If you ever decide to drop in the CT125's, I'd sure be interested to hear your take on the sound.

OK, Installed the CT125's. Harsh? Bright? Not a chance, not in my system. They sound very sweet. Their output seems to be less than the stock tweeters, so I'm getting used to the balance here, but I certainly have no complaints about the sound. They have plastic horns which to me hands felt cheap compared to the heft of the original metal ones, but that shouldn't matter, and once they are installed who cares as long as they work. I haven't had much time to listen yet so I'll give more impressions later.

I've also got CT125s, in my La Scalas, and I'm really happy with them. The output is down just a little bit compared to the K-77s, but the effect to my ears is that the bass sounds more full. As well, the 2 CT125s match each other much better than the K-77s.